• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Black Friday Sneak Peak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Golden Monkey couldn't have said it any better...Meh....but thanks! :p

Same here, drshivas, just waiting on Frys.

I know. :( Everything that jumped out at me at first I find better deals on later. Wish they had more of a price cut on the Q6600...I'd be all over that.

This is NOT Newegg's black friday sale. It's Newegg's PRE Black Friday sale. Meaning things to get you shopping there before you ruin their gross profit margin on Friday.

Best Buy has the same thing going on. A four day exclusive pre-thanksgiving sale.

Only the items in the OP are some of the BF deals.

Same newsletter I got. My comments remain unchanged.

newegg...BF...kinda suxxors.

This is NOT Newegg's black friday sale. It's Newegg's PRE Black Friday sale. Meaning things to get you shopping there before you ruin their gross profit margin on Friday.

Best Buy has the same thing going on. A four day exclusive pre-thanksgiving sale.

Only the items in the OP are some of the BF deals.

Yes we KNOW, and those will be weak too.

but in conjunction with the pricematching Microcenter is offering towards Newegg now, I would be interesting to see what's to be offered on Newegg on the 28th.

Yes we KNOW, and those will be weak too.

Most of the people criticizing the products are talking about the "big" list and claiming it's weak for this year. So you might know they're not the same thing, but apparently not everyone does.

It would've been better if the second post was made in a separate thread marked as "Newegg PRE-Black Friday sale NOT BF" or something.

The pre-sale has some items that stand out to me. Last BF, the cheapest you could get a 22" monitor for was $200 at Best Buy and it was a Westinghouse.

A $50 drop for a 22" before the real Black Friday sale is very good.

The 9600GT is an okay price for being pre-Black Friday.

I remember last year $89 after rebate for an Antec 900 was a really good deal. Now it's going to be $59 with no rebate. The case is just as good now as it was back then.

These ARE price drops. The reason so many people don't think they're good is because they don't realize a lot of these products don't go down in value over a year's time. I mean a monitor and a case, those only drop in value so much depending on new stuff coming out.

The reason so many people don't think they're good is because they don't realize a lot of these products don't go down in value over a year's time. I mean a monitor and a case, those only drop in value so much depending on new stuff coming out.

I was gonna say cause of the recession. :p

I was gonna say cause of the recession. :p

Not really. Most companies are even willing to liquidate at-risk product because of the recession because it takes even more of a deal to get people shopping. A'la the oil industry suddenly cutting the prices on oil drums to get people to start driving again.

If people don't start cutting prices down on products with high margin, the market's going to slowly bleed itself until everyone's out of blood to give and then it's the 1920's all over again.

People say it's not the same as the 1920's, yet Best Buy's stock has dropped $30 over the last year. Last year they were $47 a share and now they're $17.

EDIT: At the Best Buy I work at, my manager slashed an Apple Macbook 2.4ghz 2gb ram, February 2008 model down to $600 because the customer was willing to get the extended warranty. For employees she slashed 50% even when they didn't. That's a $1300 laptop slashed to $600. While some companies are choosing to be conservative because of the recession, smart companies are choosing to move product. You might lose money for moving product at a loss or a small gain, but you're still moving product. And it costs more money to keep product on the shelves as it depreciates than it does to sell it at a loss.

Please read the entire thread.

u realize all the deals posted in post 2 are PRE black friday sales starting the 26th

Yes, I do.

Most BF deals will be lame this year. Before, on or after. B&M or online. Retailers can't afford to sell much at a loss this year and they don't want to buy a lot and be left with a bunch of inventory that they can't move. If you can find one or two things you want this year at a good price consider yourself lucky.

Most of the people criticizing the products are talking about the "big" list and claiming it's weak for this year. So you might know they're not the same thing, but apparently not everyone does.

It would've been better if the second post was made in a separate thread marked as "Newegg PRE-Black Friday sale NOT BF" or something.

The pre-sale has some items that stand out to me. Last BF, the cheapest you could get a 22" monitor for was $200 at Best Buy and it was a Westinghouse.

I remember last year $89 after rebate for an Antec 900 was a really good deal. Now it's going to be $59 with no rebate. The case is just as good now as it was back then.

These ARE price drops. The reason so many people don't think they're good is because they don't realize a lot of these products don't go down in value over a year's time. I mean a monitor and a case, those only drop in value so much depending on new stuff coming out.

If people read it's pretty clear. In case they didn't read the thread they now know. It doesn't change the fact that BF deals @ B&M and online will all be weak this year.

Negative on some of past years deals. I got a 22" monitor from CC last year for $170 AR & it was an Acer. I've gotten 2 Antec 900's for $50/each shipped AR over the past 2 years. I also got a CM 690 for $20 shipped AR last year (or the year before).

You are actually wrong about that... The price matching they offer only covered boxed processors. Hardly worth in IMO.

e11943a6031a0e6114ae69c257617980.gif

ahh, got it, bro. :thup:

...I remember last year $89 after rebate for an Antec 900 was a really good deal. Now it's going to be $59 with no rebate. The case is just as good now as it was back then.

I'm thinking about this reasoning too for the Antec 900. These cases don't really go down in value, and $60 for that thing seems like a steal. I don't plan on building my computer yet, due to the economy and it's effect on my funds, but I'm thinking about buying this one piece of my build early, as this price seems too good to pass up.

Back