• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1033ruben

Registered
so after my initial 30 days of using windows 7 ultimate, i did the slmgr -rearm right and when checking under the computer properties it says i only have 2 days left as i did the rearm last night but when doing the slmgr -dli it says time remaining 42360 minutes 29 days so which one is it ? i plan on buying a genuine cd key very soon and have completely fell in love with windows 7 ultimate but i just dont have the money right now.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

Overclockers.com said:
Illegal and Unethical Posts

Overclockers Forums prohibit the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video. Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned. A repeat offense is grounds for permanent dismissal, without recourse, from these forums.

This is a serious issue for this Forum. Allowing discussion of and, by extension condoning the distribution of, said information jeopardizes the very existence of this Forum. As such, it will not be tolerated. For the long-term future of this site, please abide by this rule.

In addition to this, moderator staff may at their discretion choose to edit, remove or otherwise manipulate material they feel is not of a suitable ethical standard. This is entirely at the moderators' discretion. This may include for example: use of unsecured wireless networks, threads that discuss/poke fun at/otherwise unfairly involve people, organisations or sites in areas of the forum in which they cannot defend themselves. Discussion of banned members anywhere on the forums, discussion of members without General Discussion or Classifieds access in those areas or other such threads will be removed, possibly with an informal warning. This is often difficult to establish in a concrete fashion within our framework of rules, however if we remove threads for such reasons we will often provide an explanation.

Forum Rules

Microsoft allows 30-day Windows 7 activation grace period to be extended up to three additional times — to a total of 120 days.

If you install Windows 7 and don't enter an installation key, the 30-day activation clock starts. To see how many days you have left, click on Start > Right click on Computer > Properties. At the bottom of the dialog under Windows Activation, you'll see the number of days left in your trial period.

When that number gets close to zero, you can extend the free period another 30 days [but only up to three additional times].

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Enter your administrator password if asked >

Type the following command and press Enter, then Restart Windows 7:

slmgr -rearm

Back