• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN NF7 users....a new era has begun!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Samsung isn't what it used to be. Back in the day they made amazing PC2700 RAM, but I find their PC3200 lacking. I think they have moved their focus to BGA package ram because they are killer on video cards.

Nico3k said:
OMG... what are you talking about?>!?!??!?! i just flashed on trats d24 bios and WOW>.... same speed = FASTER than before... PLUS now i can OC higher.... WOW!
you guys gotta try this thing!!!

STOCK BIOS:

I want to see more benches compared against TicTac's D23 ... almost everything is gonna be faster than the stock Abit bios if it came from TicTac. :D

Tebore said:
Samsung isn't what it used to be. Back in the day they made amazing PC2700 RAM, but I find their PC3200 lacking. I think they have moved their focus to BGA package ram because they are killer on video cards.

No but my pc3200 stick is stable @ 230fsb 3-3-3-11 timmings. And the pic shows can boot @ 250fsb. That isnt lacking. But i do understand what youre talking about cuss my pc2700 ram can go to 215fsb no problems but i know some people with thier pc2700 sticks that do like 225

I think Ill give this bios a Try. Right now I am running the stock D24 bios. And so far everything is good.

I will run some memory tests and cpu tests and then try Trat's.

Be back.

hmmm its my bday soon... I wish for.....

-1GB DDR550 :)
-2x 36GB Raptors :)
-Whatever GFX card is best ? (which one is best anyways?)

OK I am back and all I have to say is WOW....

Before trying Trats I was not able to even post above 222fsb.
Now I can post at 248fsb and this is with the CPU dealy enabled... sorry the name of it is suddenly escaping me. I am totally amazed. I dont know what the heck happened with this bios. I havent even upgraded my cooling on my northbridge, or done any volt mods. This is totally stock using the new version NF7-s 2.0 with
the colored memory sockets.

I need to do vdimm volt mod because my Corsair 3200c2 xms can go up
to 230fsb @ 2.5-4-4-8 stable all night memtest86. At 235 it gets like 1 error every
other test. So I know with more voltage on memory I can get it way cranked.

But everyone should try this bios... I am straight amazed.

I'm hoping to do more reading on this BIOS- soon.

So far I am Unable to D/L the new BIOS.

Would it possible for someone to e-mail it / PM me with it?

I have an NF-7 non-S ver2 mobo.

thanks,
:cool:

Well right now I am at 225x11=2480. @ 2-3-3-7 2.9v on mem, and memtest stable. This is much better than 2.5-4-4-8 @ 230, when testing with Sandra.

My Cpu and memory scores havent been affected at all from the bios change.
I went from stock D24. I have all the stuff to do vdimm mod, so I will probably do that soon. And I might do the pencil mod for raising voltage on the NB.

We shall see but I need to get better cooling on the NB 1st.

Well my memory scores are definitely better because of the FSB increase. And while the sandra memory/cpu scores were pretty much the same after changing... for some reason my 3dmark2k1 score is down pretty far. Even with the increase FSB to 225 from 215 my score dropped by about 500 pts.

I guess I will do some more experimenting.

ha, the D24 CPC On or Off wouldnt even let me boot into windows like i used to be able to with D22 alpha 1. i put in d22 alpha 1 and i got into windows @ 247 no problem.

do you guys need to do the vmods to get the insanely high fsb's w/ this d24 bios, or not?

thanks
karsten

do all of you in the "250+ club" have the L-12 mod?

i had the l-12 in and (with tic-tac's subzero) hit 12 x 230 with 11,3,3,2.5 mem but couldnt post with a Vcore >2.06...so i took out the mod (wire) and can use 2.2V+ (and hit 210 x 13.5 with 11,2,2,2 mem) but now 220+ FSB (x anything with any mem timings) wont post.

then i saw this thread and gave this new bios a try...still cant do 220+ (with any mem timings)...but can (am now) running 215 x 13 @2.2V with 11,2,2,2 mem...im THINKING of going back to the L-12 mod, what does the "250+ club" think?...:)drool: 280 x 10 :drool: )

hmm, flashed to D24 (i think, does the BIOS screen appear any different when using it?) but i see no difference at all...cant POST past 227, just like before

This may be a stupid question, but I was under the impression that Trat added like an option in the bios for CPC on or off. I looked through all the screens and couldn't find that option anywhere. Did he just flat out disable it?

Back