• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slot Number for PIII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there are only 2 kinds of slots, slot 1 and slot 2, slot 1 is for pentium 3, and slot 2 is for xeon.

check if your motherboard supports FCPGA2, if so, a tualatin Celeron has 256 cache and they overclock like heck...a 1.1 can easily go to 1.5....

Highest FCPGA2 PIII is 1.53GHZ

I *think* that this chip never made it to the street (would love to be proven wrong though...). So it is my understanding that the highest FCPGA2 PIII available is 1.4GHZ (either celeron or P3-S).

Regards
FTC

if you have a slot 1 motherboard you dont supprt FCPGA
but it can be made to work with MODS....

Do you know what motherboard you have?
Knowing this makes it ALOT easier to know what CPU's your board can take.

its a board out of a e machine comp the highest the muti goes is 6.5 and FSB I can get to 133Mhz

Highest FCPGA PIII is 1.1GHZ

REALLY??? i thought they only went to 1ghz???

did they ever make it to the street? what multuplier and fsb combo is it???:eek:

mikester said:
Highest FCPGA PIII is 1.1GHZ

REALLY??? i thought they only went to 1ghz???

did they ever make it to the street? what multuplier and fsb combo is it???:eek:

11x100...basically its a 1.1A without the mad ocing capability, and yes they were selling these on pricewatch for around 150$, and superman..i highly doubt the e-machine mobo supports FCPGA2, if it isnt slot-1 then it support regular FCPGA so you would be stuck at 1.1GHZ.... i suggest you get an ECS K7S5A and an Athlon XP for around the same price a new PIII would cost you...

Back