• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crystal Fan with 'Flashing' Blue LEDs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jadams

I have a couple of the clear fans with the Blue LEDs in them. The LEDs Flash. It can get anoying after a while. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get them to stop flashing, and just stay on??

Thanks,
Jeff.

I had the same problem, but from what I can tell they are attached to the RPM monitoring line and that's how the flashing frequency changes.
They're regular LEDs so swapping them wouldn't do anything. :(

Try cutting the RPM line and see what happends. Or use a 3 pin to 4 pin adaptor and see what happends when you plug right into the PSU.

I think i have that same fan, and I have only tried it withe the 3 to 4 pin adaptor, and it doesn't flash for me.

I have only tried it using the adaptor. I may try cutting the RPM line. Looking at the fan, when I plug it into the 3 to 4 pin adaptor, the only wires that continue to the molex are the 12v and the ground. So I wonder if cutting the third wire will even have an effect. Anyone else have this?

Edit: Well after thinking for a second after I submitted this it hit me that when plugged into the 4pin, it doesn't use the RPM measurer hehe, so cutting it will not have any effect. It must be on that small board that is inside it, maybe I will disect it. :)

thats weird, I have both the adjustable and the thermostat adjustable fans from the same maker and the LED's dont flash... HUMMM

cheers :beer:

Charlie

Here's a question, If I were to cut the LEDs off, and give them their own wire, would I just connect the two spots where the LED was connected together?

wire LED wire
---------->|-----------

If I was to take the LED out would I just do this:

wire wire
-----------------------
?

or would I even need to complete that circut if there are no LEDs on it?

-J

I emailed svc about this and they told me that the ones that dont flash are manufacture's defaults and that they are supposed to flash.

as far as I have been able to tell... the leds themselves flash... i run mine through the 4/3 pin adaptor... the things that give this away to me are 2 things, #1 the leds appear to be connected with a resister over ground and +12... #2 the leds flash at diffrent rates... ie they fall in and out of sinc with each other... could be wrong, but this is just my 2cp

fireflew said:
as far as I have been able to tell... the leds themselves flash... i run mine through the 4/3 pin adaptor... the things that give this away to me are 2 things, #1 the leds appear to be connected with a resister over ground and +12... #2 the leds flash at diffrent rates... ie they fall in and out of sinc with each other... could be wrong, but this is just my 2cp

I found out because sometimes they would flash in sync with each other. They STOPPED flashing in sync when I put my hand near the intake to make sure it was working effectively.

Back