• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gluded a 486 fan on my memory, now i can hit 160fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

equalizr

i dont know why i didnt think of this earlier...it takes care of the warm air dead spot up there as well as keeping my memory cool..now im gunna see if i can go past 160fsb without reaking havoc on my HDD :)

insidecase.JPG

I've tried so many ways to get a fan close enough to cool my ram. I even tried hanging a small one on strings right in front of the ram. Not once did I think of using glue. I just want to smack myself. Good job .

sweet ideas i was going to develop a prototype water block to attach to lets say a 512k stick of ram. wasnt sure if it will need it though.... ... oh well there is no overdoing it to an overclocker.

Maybe I should do something similar.
My ram can't go high at all without getting mem read errors in WINXP

Nice cooling guys lol! WElcome to da forums equalizer :clap:

Is it possible to just put regular glue or a special type of paste to glue it on the ram... i dont really want to use something that'll damage it :rolleyes:

I'm not experienced in cooling yet but soon to be, i was just woundering....

its just glue from a hot glue gun...it doesnt dammage anything and you can just peel the fan off if you like and leaves nothing behind

Well how about that, its something that i have :clap:

I thought the glue would like melt the plastic since its hot wouldn't it? i dunno maybe not, i dont think a hot glue is that hot, i burnt myself a couple times :beer:

i have a suggusten, if u moved ur ram cips to the outside slots so the fan hub would be over the empty middle slot. from what i know there is a dead spot behind the hub, so if the hub is over the empty slot the dead spot won't effect anything. also do u have any side case fans to feed air the the CPU/NB/RAM fans?

good ideas both of you:cool:

pby5cat said:
i have a suggusten, if u moved ur ram cips to the outside slots so the fan hub would be over the empty middle slot. from what i know there is a dead spot behind the hub, so if the hub is over the empty slot the dead spot won't effect anything.

Thats not a bad idea :clap:

Why didn't i think of that, thx for the tip, that'll be helpful for ram heat...

Ghetto Starfox said:
hehe, here is my ram cooling solution :p

Nice setup, Ghetto Starfox!! I've been thinking about what I could do with that old plastic sheet that I had from when I used to make models, a shroud and one of the 20 spare fans sitting around the house, and POW!! RAM-cooling!! I love it!!!

Equalizer, you should really chop out that horrible case fan grill you got on that 80mm exhaust fan. That thing is probably cutting the output of that fan like 75% or more, it looks like little pinholes for airflow! I did this to my case - and my grill wasn't nearly as bad to begin with - and the airflow difference was quite noticable. This should help drop your case temps some, in turn dropping CPU and vidcard temps (ram too, since that's what this post is all about). Just get a regular 80mm fan grill to replace it.

Also restricted fans are louder than unrestricted ones, you'll quiet the case down. You can't lose!

--Illah

Would wire mesh be good for a replacement of that or no? Just curious cause i'll be doing the same thing ;)

Oh ok, so i'm just gunna go ahead and replace them tiny hole with mesh, i dont like leaving things bare cause with my luck, a huge bug will proly try to crawl in there and woooooo big mess :D

Back