• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

serial servo controler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i could think a few mods myself for that :) maybe one that opens the side of the case with a push of a button, or maybe the top of the case, sorta like a car hood. just some thoughts. but as far as making the servos, i dont know. i know that model planes (the big ones) use servos to control the rudder and such. maybe you could go to the hobby store and get a couple. i think you can connect that to a switch to work it... not sure.

Can easily do it with a PIC microcontroller :) In fact, my book at home has a simple servo circuit listed w/ code.

i have the servos already.what i need is a circuit to control 2 or 3 servos with software through the serial port. my bro is a programming guru so he can help me with the software. i just need the circuit.

I have a Matrix Orbital LCD display in my pc which has 8 general output registers that can be turned on and off via software (you can write your own like I did if you want). They supply up to 750mA on the pins.

I have a few super bright leds in my case which I have flashing on a off, depending on the cpu usage & hdd usage. You might be able to control a servo with the LCD, but I'm not sure. I thought about it as I have some spare Remote Controller Car servo's but due to the high resitance in turning them, I decided they would probably blow my LCD so I skipped the idea.

Tbird man said:
oh and don't ask what for. its top secret ;)

Well if you're not gonna tell me what it's for, I'm NOT gonna tell you that you can find a schematic here, and I also wont tell you that you need a programmer for the PIC, which you can NOT find a schematic for here. :D ;)

Back