• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, it's a new stepping code for the P4. Previously all P4's were "B0", also referred to as pre-conversion. Now "C1"'s are being made, also referred to as post-conversion.
What was converted? I'm not entirely sure, but the default voltage is lower for one thing.

You can check out this chart.........

P4 stepping chart

anomaly said:
No, it's a new stepping code for the P4. Previously all P4's were "B0", also referred to as pre-conversion. Now "C1"'s are being made, also referred to as post-conversion.
What was converted? I'm not entirely sure, but the default voltage is lower for one thing.

You can check out this chart.........

P4 stepping chart

No. The voltage was raised by .125 or so volts.

Metallica God said:
so in other words its faster or osmething?

Basically the a new stepping improves on what has already been done. So it like saying "new and improved". "New and improved" in this case allows the Northwood core to be stable and run at higher speeds. Usually 3Ghz and higher.

Neo_peter said:
i thought i got raised from 1.5 to 1.525 which is a difference of 0.025V... :D

That's correct.

And when the multiple VID batches show up next quarter some chips will have lower voltages.

metra said:
The C1's arent gonna cost more right?

If you can find a site that "guarantees" a C1 stepping on a CPU that's normally hard to find in the C1 flavor (2.4 or lower), your likely to pay a slight premium (maybe in the neighborhood of 5%). I recently purchased a 2.4 that was a guaranteed C1 and had to pay about 10 bucks more than their standard 2.4 (this amounted to exactly a 5% premium).

Back