• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But that doesn't really overclock the hard drive... in that all it does is slightly increase the 66 100 or 133mbps that it transferres... by not very much at all.

As for increasing the rotational speed etc, I'm not sure that it'd be possible - so I don't think so..

You might like to try SCSI if you want to up your speeds. You'll pay a pretty penny for it, though.

actually, although things may have changed, but the last time i checked, SCSI drives were not actually much faster. The main advantage is that an IDE drive can use as much as 99% of your CPU, while a SCSI drive should not use over 10%.

I know there are newer standards which actually give better sustained rates, but the difference in performance of the drive itself is not worth the extra money to me... the difference in cpu load, especially on disk intensive servers, IS worth the money!

edit: ive been overclocking things for quite a while, and never seen an overclocked hard drive ;)

thanks I was just wondering if there was a way to make this damn computer any faster thats all.

Back