• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock z790 nova

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
General function is fine. It lists RAM to ddr5-8000 so surely it will run what 99% of general consumers want.

Yea not really any 4 dimmers showing 8000 stable especially in the last z790 series. Maybe a couple have but not convincing enough.
I suppose i could buy and try it out. Price isnt bad for what it says its equipped with and what it allegedly can do. No big deal waiting for a bit also till more reviews of them.

I've got one, the review won't be ready for a couple of weeks though. It performs well with a 360+ AIO and 14900k. I can tell you that. :)

Why 4 dimms? 48GB in 2 should be plenty for most users.

Yea it is. I have some 7800 adie coming and if the board can do 7800 and/or 8000 with adjusted sub timings that would be great. Much more reasonable price then apex if board can do that. I currently have 13900ks so cpu should not be an issue.

Its some corsair vengence 32gb 7800 sticks.
On qvl it says corsair 7800 hynix adie 16gb.
So should be good. These were nearly $100 cheaper than the current 2x24 sticks which seems to be the rave right now.

Every motherboard has max RAM frequency in the specs for 1DPC so 2 slots. Most manufacturers in the current generation declare not much different max RAM speed in specs than it works in real. The only exception seems ASUS in their higher series mobos. For example, they declare 8k for APEX series and motherboards have 8800 OC profile in BIOS. I guess they protect themselves in case of below average IMCs. Even if you get the best overclocking motherboard, then many CPUs have problems with more than 8000 fully stable. My 13700K was barely stable at 8400 and could barely post above it. 14700K that I have now wasn't fully tested but it posts at 8800. Nothing really special, but at least better than the last one.

I'm curious if the Nova overclocks any better as all other ASRock Z790 motherboards could barely pass 7200. ASRock used to be great in RAM OC, but the last two generations are pretty average with worse than usual BIOS support.

Specs on the Nova list support up to DDR5-8000, which is significantly higher than other ASRock Z790 boards. Now... if it goes past 8K, no idea, but it lists A LOT faster support.

I noticed that some days ago and it made me curious how it really works. I'm not sure if I'm curious enough to ask for a review sample. I guess I wish to check something from new ASUS or Gigabyte some more ;)

Back