• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you water-cool in a PC65 Case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

port-error

Registered
I'm trying to stay away from the EXOS, but every day I read this forum and look at the pics the EXOS is looking better and better to me. Please try to sway be back with some good information. I'd really like to put together a nice 1/2'' tubed WC system. From what i've read this is what i'd like to fit into my limited case.

Waterblock:
TC-4 Rev 2 Poly Topped WB or MAZE3

Pump:
Hopefully, a Eheim 1250 or a 1048, depends if you think I can fit it?

Radiator:
BlaceIce pro or BlackIce Extreme?

Tubing:
1/2'' Tygon Tubing

Does this sound good? and does anyone have a layout of a good design of where to put all these things in my PC65? One thing i'm a little confused on is do you need a reservoir? if not how do you bleed the system or fillup the system? and which reservoir do you reccomend?

Please help out guys!! I don't want my $250 going toward a 5/16'' tubed EXOS system!!!!!! ack!

thanks.

Here's my PC-60 with WW block, LUV heater core, AquaVia pump, 1/2" tubing and T line for filling/bleeding:
ww1.jpg

You should be able to do same with BIX. I removed the botom HD rack, front USB ports and the fan speed switch.

peace.
unloaded

looking.

i've been looking all over for different externally mounted pieces. like external radiators and such, but havent' really found alot. I'm thinking of trying to get a radiator to fit into the top bay slot, and cut a whole in the top of the case for a fan. It's will be a struggle, i've seen some people pull it off. If you know anyone who has an externally mounted radiator, i'd like to see how he ran the 1/2'' tubes in and out, and how the radiator was mounted securely.

If you want a smaller pump that still has the power and head of the 1250, get a danner Mag 3. They're also a bit cheaper. :)

Unloaded has an excellent setup. You could also put a BIX or small heatercore sideways in the front like DodgeViper did with his Chieftec.

There are lots of different ways to fit liquid cooling in a PC65, but I can't imagine any simpler (while being robust) than UnLoadeD's. Mondo heater core, great CPU block, simple plumbing, big tubing and strong pump, while only giving up the lower HD space.....what more could ya want? :cool:

A sideways heater core like Viper's would be cool too. :p

very nice small and ballsy pumps are the maxi-jet 900 and maxi-jet 1200. the only issue is that the 1200 gives off more heat but has an obviously higher gph...

Thnx for the comments on mine guys, glad ya like it. Anyway here's a pic of somebody's external unit, I can't remember where I snagged the pic, [H] or bit-tech forum I think. I think it looks decent and I'm sure something like this would out perform the Exos and be cheaper. Also it could be made to look even better with a bit of imagination.

exosish.jpg

peace.
unloaded

I too am planning on watercooling in a pc6x case. I was thinking of putting the heatercore parrellel to the bottom of the case where the extra HDD rack is.

Unloaded, do you remember if this person you just posted a pic of use Quick Dissconnects. Because I was thinking of making one of those briefcases people make into cases an external watercooling housing and be poratable with the Quick Dissconnects.

I have a PC60 wth a BIX on its side below the drive cage at the front, and the BECooling res/pump combo in the lower 5¼" drive bay. That puts the res level with the block on an 8RDA+ so the bubble stay in the res. ½" Tygon to a WW block. Fits with no problems whatsoever.

Sorry no pics yet :(

gulp35 said:
Unloaded, do you remember if this person you just posted a pic of use Quick Dissconnects. Because I was thinking of making one of those briefcases people make into cases an external watercooling housing and be poratable with the Quick Dissconnects.

No I don't think he used quick fittings, although I looked into them when I was considering doing an external unit. WHat I found is they are pretty expensive, hard to find for bigger than 1/2"OD tubing, not all have cut-off valves when you disconnect them, the ones that do are very restrictive of flow, and I was told a bit of air enters the system everytime you connect/disconnect them. For all of the reasons above I felt they didn't suit my needs so I scratched them off of my list.

peace.
unloaded

Unloaded u got anymore pics of your absolut vodka res thing? I got a bottle of Absolut Citron lemon vodka for christmas and am making my way down it slowly! Me bottle looks same as yours but with diffo sticker!

Toysrme, u got an ace username lol.

seal said:
Unloaded u got anymore pics of your absolut vodka res thing? I got a bottle of Absolut Citron lemon vodka for christmas and am making my way down it slowly! Me bottle looks same as yours but with diffo sticker!

goodies1.jpg

goodies2.jpg

As you can see, its a small bottle. I used diamond tipped dremel tools to make the holes and JB Weld on the fittings, they are 1/8"NPTx3/8" barbs. I don't use it anymore was mainly just testing some ideas, I got it in a box around here someplace.

peace.
unloaded

GibletPlus, I am going to get A dtek heatercore or equivalent and I don't think that my Rad will fit like that. also that would take more modding than just putting one fan on.

I also have the front fans mounted on the front outside of the case.

Back