• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please tell me what stock 3.06 temps are

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

I have been reading on a stock board i post at that people think the P4 3.06 is a very hot running CPU. Can some people here let me know what your temps were while using a stock heatsink/fan?

Using MBM I see temps under load in the high 40's C and idle in the high 30's. NB temp is 28C under load. I am using the stock HS currently and it's in my ATC201 with 4 casefans and the Enermax 80mm on high.

havent tried it stock ^^

But at my speed it goes up to some 56c during prime95 load and appx 39c during idle.

Hope the mcx4000 i orderd will put it down some 5c at least.

The weird thing though is that i had a 2.66ghz in the same motherboard before, and the asus p4pe overvolts during idle and the voltage went down to what i set it at in the bios, with this chip it still overvolts during idle, but under load it starts to undevolt alot, vcore is set to 1.65 in bios, during idle i get 1.71v and under load its at some 1.600v....

I dont dare to feed it more voltage, but cant get it stable at higher speed with less voltage because of the big voltage difference, its at times like this u wonder how high ur chip would go if theese damn asus boards didnt overvolt and mine wouldnt undervolt during load, 1.65v stable would probably get me to the 3.6ghz :|

DAMN U ASUS DAMN U!

Burning Phoenix said:
I have been reading on a stock board i post at that people think the P4 3.06 is a very hot running CPU. Can some people here let me know what your temps were while using a stock heatsink/fan?

The problem is EVERY board reports differents temps. For example I had a Asus P4B533(excellent board), Asus P4PE(worst board I ever used in my life), And a Abit IT7-MAX v2.0. (Excellent board also, very stable, Better than P4B533).

All of these board reported around 5-10C between each other with the same CPU and cooling.. So you'll have to edit your post for those using the board YOU are using..

Burning Phoenix said:

The problem is EVERY board reports differents temps. For example I had a Asus P4B533(excellent board), Asus P4PE(worst board I ever used in my life), And a Abit IT7-MAX v2.0. (Excellent board also, very stable, Better than P4B533).

All of these board reported around 5-10C between each other with the same CPU and cooling.. So you'll have to edit your post for those using the board YOU are using..

Back