• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wankstar

Registered
i have several questions and problms to ask so pleas bare with me.

couple of days ago i sat down to overclock my grphics card, for the first time, it was all going fine, untill i ran artifact tester 5, the pc recieved an error, i clicked on dont send and everything switched off by its self. the computer wouldnt boot no matter how hard i tried. wat could have happened?

im sure its not the graphics card because i tried using another one but nothing happend, and can't be mobo since it has a light on, and cant be ram cause i dont mess or didnt mess with ram at that point and it cant be cpu because i have a really good cooling.
i tried changing my gpu, still the computer wouldnt bootnothing even bugded, then i thought about reseting the bios thru the jumpers and voila it booted. was that safe that it had to be reseted?

one person onother forum said this.

If you had to reset the BIOS to start it up, then it really, really ****ed up when it crashed

is that true?

ovr the three days i probably ran total of 16 hours of test, using hot cpu tester, heavy load, fresh diagnose, burn in test, and playing lots of games, do u think any of my hardware is still damaged? what could have happened? do i need to buy any new hardwares?

any way to fix if you think there might be problems?
plz help me, im a newbie to pc hardware.

Last edited:
If you had to reset the BIOS to get it to start, some setting may be causing problems. Have you changed any BIOS setting or are they all still at optimized defaults?

Also what power supply are you using? Today's high-end video cards require lots of power, some recommend at least a 400w power supply. Which video card do you have?

well the settings were changed, the fsb was set to 139 and im using ti 4400 with 350 watt psu.

was my hardware damaged or just settings problem.

oh yeah one more thing, wenever im playing games or running 3d demos, the system beeps every second in endless loops, how can i stop that or is it trying to tell me something???

I doubt any hardware is damaged. Sounds like a problem either with not enough voltage or temps are too high.

What brand is this 350w power supply and what are the outputs? (should have this info on a sticker on the power supply)

my psu came wit 50$ case and i dont think that any temp is high, cause i have a spark 7+ cooler with as3.

i dont no the out put

one more thing, i have asus p4pe and when pc is full load the vcore voltage reads 1.488 and 3.3 reads 2.999, is this the mobo?
because in other threads i read that asus does have some volt problems.

and thanks god my hardware is fine.

Last edited:
The outputs of the power supply should be listed on a sticker on the case. If it's a generic 350w power supply I would guess this is the problem. Some very good name brand 300-350w power supplies can handle modern boards and cards such as your Asus and Ti4400. Since you say your rails seem to be reading lower than normal this may be a good indication the power supply can't keep up. The best way to determine though if it's the motherboard or power supply is to test the outputs of the power supply using a volt meter and compare these to the readings you get from BIOS or software monitor.

im not in worry about my power supply but tll me one thing, having low voltage on the cpu such as 1.488 wont damage it or anything will it?

thanks funkz,

but let me ask you again, are you sure nothing was serious when my computer wouldn't boot and that my hardware is not damaged in any ways?

List everything you have in your system, including all drives, # of fans, etc. I really think you need a bigger power supply. Also you never replied with what brand your current 350w power supply is?

ah man sorry for the late reply, but i didn't notice it got moved to general hardware.

i have.

asus p4p3
pentium 4 2.4b ghz
samsung 512 pc2700
western digital 40 gig hdd
350 watt psu -no brand 63 hz wats your running at?
thermaltake spark 7
two chasis fan
creative blaster 4 ti 4400
dvd drive
cd rw
floppy
no sound card.

i think i know what the problm is, my mobo is american, and im running it on a 230 volts power, i dont think that my powersupply is crap or anything.
wat do u think?

come on funkz, please tell me wether any of my hardware is ****ed up or not, i just want an confirmation.

is my harwdware ok or should i buy anything nrew?

If the power supply has a switch to select 230/115 and you have it set to 230 that shouldn't be the problem. I really think it's the power supply is not robust enough to power your system. My Antec TruePower 430w has degraded and is being sent back for warranty and I killed a 350w ChannelWell in 45 minutes with the system in my sig + 16x DVD, 40x CD-RW and 3 USB devices. I've read good things about the TTGI power supplies, hopefully this 520SS can cut it.

Back