• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit NF7 review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok seems this mobo has peaked alot of peoples interest latly.i know ive ansered and given many opinions on this mobo even tho mine hasnt even arrived yet.i research the crap out of everything before i ever buy it.
hopefully this artical can shed light on most peoples questions.

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/ABIT/NF7-S/

Thanks for the link to the review.
Xtremesystems is down again, thank god for this forum!
Just got my NF-7 today from Newegg. Version 1.2.
This mobo is nicer than my 8RDA+.

i can only pray they send me a 1.2 also! im sure its a good possability.

yeh extreme is always down for some reason.mabey have a cheap hosting service.btw i learn mucho things from those guys as i do here so its kinda my second home anymore.plus they have some more extreme people who tend to lead the way in volt mods and such.
oc.com is 1 home tho :D

Got my Opsys installed finally on the new Abit.
Just bumping up the FSB slowly.
NF7 just booted at 210 FSB.
Kingston Hyperx 256 MB X 2. Cas 2-2-2

well, I just ordered my gear! got the 1.2 NF7-S from gameve.com for 115, and the bios recovery kit from excaliber. hope i don't have to mod my SLK-900 too much to get it to fit.

here is my luck
193 max on epox 8rda
195 max on asus a7n8x
both of that was unmodded,but if i even get 200fsb out of the box ill be happy as crap!
i have been told you might want to test 3d apps also to verify stability.3dmark2001 will do fine.i guess everything will pass every stability test wisem except that sometimes.
would make you think something is wrong with other parts is why im saying it.
but most of those cases were over 210fsb also.just thought id pass the good info around.and save ya time hunting problems done if they arrise.

deathstar13 said:

i have been told you might want to test 3d apps also to verify stability.3dmark2001

Yeah, 3dmark runs fine.
210 FSB is top STABLE speed with my RAM at most aggressive timings, C2.
Sandra Memory Benchie over 3 Gigs at this FSB.

I'm going to crank it down to 200FSB and run two instances of Folding at Home overnight.

This HyperX RAM is da sheet!

In comparison with my 8RDA+, this NF7 gets 5 FSB higher.
Luck of the draw.
Both mobos are very nice but the Abit is now my fav!:D

Back