• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rock solid mobo NEEDED! Help....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sethticlees

Registered
I recently built 9 ASUS A7V333 systems for business use (not overclocking). 5 of these boards had quarks so they got returned.
I took the blame for choosing such an unreliable motherboard, who knew ASUS = unreliable. I supect it was just a bad batch.
(No one ever said 4 out of 9 ain't bad!):(

Now I've been requested to build 7 more systems. Since ASUS left me hanging I'm in no mood to mess with them, even though the A7N8X Deluxe fits the bill for our setup.

Abit makes great OCing boards but stability has never been priority #1 from my experience.

I just can’t afford to purchase 7 boards and have 4 of them go bad on me, not this time anyway.

Who makes a motherboard under 150 bucks thats rock solid?

i think asus's can be finicky.especially the a7v333.but i dont see that with the a7n8x as ive owned both.
but ive heard many people talk about the msi NF2 mobo as rock stable and not flaky. Model# K7N2-L newegg has them for $95 and they have several peoples comments in the review section under that mobos listing.they are rave reviews btw.

one thing ive found is a ocing mobo usually isnt the stabilist ,and the stabilist mobo isnt an ocer.i think i just made up a bunch of new words there :D

yeah, asus is going downhill, my a7n8x died, i just witnessed my neighbors die today, **** asus, epox is king, super stable when not overclocked, and stable even when overclocked, 8K9AI selling for only $69 on newegg, KT400, lan, 2-channel sound

What more than just a "rocksolid" mobo are you after? Sound..graphics,lan? (intergrated that is)

I just have to give a reward to my Abit IT7 MAX it has worked so fine ever since I got it, both when o/c and not.

I saw you lived in Seattle, I don't know what kind of prices we're talking about over "there"

Me = Sweden :D

MSI is really good for non OCing stuff... almost every computer store around here says they are one of hte best... i dont like them but for simply being stable w/ no OC they are pretty good as i hear:D

Perre said:
What more than just a "rocksolid" mobo are you after? Sound..graphics,lan? (intergrated that is)

Onboard video, sound, and 2 nics if possible!
I know you can't have everything that is why I'm just focusing on stability right now anything extra is a plus.:)

How about this MSI board???

MSI Motherboard For AMD Processors Model K7N2G-ILSR Retail
Specifications:
Supported CPU:Supports 600MHz up to Athlon™ XP 2700+ processor or higher
Chipset:NVIDIA IGP+MCP2-T
FSB:100/133/166(200/266/333)MHz
RAM:6x DDR PC3200/2700/2100/1600 Max 3 GB
IDE:2xIDE ATA 133/100/66 up to 4 Devices
Slots:1x AGP (1.5v 8X/4X) 5 PCI (3.3v) and 1 ACR
Ports:2xPS2,1xCOM,1xVGA,1xMPT,4xUSB, and Audio Ports
Onboard Audio:Realtek ALC650 6-channel audio
Onboard LAN:Chipset integrated 10/100 Base-T
Onboard Video: Integrated TV-out encoder
Retail box (see pics for included items) Model#K7N2G-ILSR : Special FedEx Saver Shipping $5.00
- Product Link -See It! (image count 6 ) -Price Alert (N82E16813130400)

Onboard video is a plus!

Users reviews seem good.:)

Last edited:
well the you can get everythig you want and id get an Nforce2 since they have better onboard video than any other board... then again its for buissness so maybe that isnt important and you can always put in the secnod Nic if the board only has one (some Nforce2s have 2 onboard Nics:D)

Yeah, I think the MSI K7N2G-ILSR is the board for me.
Onboard video, nic, sound is all good.
Great future upgradeability too.
The reviews seem to favior this board.

:eek:All in favor?... i

All opposed?...

Well then I think it’s settled. :)

I read the reaviews and the K7N2G-ILSR manul. Pretty amazing mobo. If it's as solid as everyone says I'm sure to be please.

Thank you everyone who's participated in this post.

:D I think I'll go celebrate now!:beer:

s

we only seem to have a hard time agreeing on which is the best ocing mobo. these questions like yours are rather easy i think.

RadRacer said:
Stay away from Soyo. I've had two of them, and I think I'm going to go with something else next time.

i liked my soyo Dragon+... still have it its great... the only thing i didnt like was the lack of voltage adjustment... but i think they changed that in their KT400... it would be intresting to see a Nforce2 out of them i think:D or do they have one and i just missed it?

Back