• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS the NF-7 ver. 1.2 that much better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smesx1

Just give a little details as to why everyone claims that its so great. From everything that ive read about it so far it sounds like a winner. I just wanted to know a little bit more about it. Thank you.

Sean

Definitely for OCing right now the (or one of the) best board(s).
Very nice voltages, and fsb by 1Mhz steps. The undervolting that the board had in vers 1.0 and 1.1 is gone - or better for a good part of it overcome by the high max voltage for core/ dimm.

Now the things that still don't work that great - onboard sound, still not really soundstorm quality, and SATA. Ppl are still reporting SATA reliability problems even with 1.2 and the latest SATA firmware integrated in BIOS 16.
The BIOS chip, as with many nForce boards can still die on you, when tweaking a lot, hasn't been fixed.
Other minor issues: CPU HS holes are smaller, many hs require smaller srews and standoffs.

So to make it short, for OC yes, YES, YES , for high reliability - NO, wouldn't use any nForce board for it btw.

A.

thanks that was just what i was looking for. I think ill stay with my A7N8X-dx for a while anyways. But like lots of people im always in the market for bigger better things. I havnt really had the problems on my asus that others have been having and im really happy with it. I will keep the NF7 in mind though if i need to recoment a mb to someone. Thanks for the info.

yeah i cant wait till i get my 1700 0307 dlt3c next week then well see how high i can get it on the slk. This summer im putting together a water cooling setup so my computer isnt so dang loud for college. On the 1700 im thinking about a 1ghz overclock should do just fine. But i will be happy with anything over 2.2ghz.

Back