• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S533 Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goronae

HI guys I got a P4S533 mobo with a intel 2.0 nothwood. What do I need to set the core voltage to to keep it stable at 2.4? and how do you get it to go past 2.4?

Depending on what stepping you have you should be able to hit much higher than that. BUT if u have a 2.0a like mine you will probably not make it past 2.4, I run mine at 2.35 with vcore of 1.575, but thats just for reassurance, Ive seen people hit 2.8 with the default of 1.5. Good Luck

I am running the same mobo using the p4 2.4 400 fsb cpu
did not have much luck getting over 2.808 ghz v-core @1.650. It ran @ this setting ok until I put a load on it. I'm looking into upgrading the cooler now. Good luck!

raise your vcore in the smallest increment you can in your bios. usually its .025v. raise your fsb one mhz at a time til your comp doesn't boot, then give it one more step of voltage. keep doing that, unless you dont feel comfortable going to high voltages.

I have a P4S533 too from asus with a 2.4b Ghz Intel. I was told that it is possible to got to 3.06Ghz with Hyperthreading. Is this thrue? If yes, how to enable the HT.

Thank you,
Sis

Back