• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disk structure is corrupt and unreadable...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mito

Hi,

I have an old creative cd-rw 1210e. I'm able to burn cd's succesfully, however, sometimes I can't read the cd's content. The files are listed, but when I try copying them back to the HD, the above message is displayed. If boot to DOS, then I'm able to copy the files without errors.

Is there a problem with windows XP? Please help me.
Thanks.

Mito

Try several things first.

-Use better CD-Rs.
-Burn at a slower speed, especially with cheap CD-Rs.
-Always close the disc (shouldn't matter though, if it's still in the burner)

I can't explain why it works in DOS and not in WinXP, but that's what I remember right off the top of my head of being some of the culprits for that type of problem.

Thanks for replying. I knew it was a software or cd-format issue from the beginning. I loaded Creative's NTI CD-Maker 2000 Plus and chose the "Session Explorer" option. I was able to copy the files back to the hard disk.

I wonder what windows xp or explorer are missing. A CreativeLabs knowledge base article mentions a CD UDF Reader. There are also many formats that are confusing me: CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-ROM I, Joliet, etc...

Mito

Back