• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-{ram waterblocks}-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epion2985

Registered
does anyone know where one can buy ran waterblocks, like for a vid card.

PS: also has anyone seen water blocks for system ram?

basicly no, they arent manufactured. but cpufx made some sys ram blocks, wich was pretty ghey if you ask me. its pointless and they are the least credible watercooling stores...

well if your blade and you like to over double the ram voltage, itll kick out a heckalot of heat. he has some pretty insane overclocks on his r9700pro from what I remember.

Jon

Yep, that's BladeRunner. He's got some beautifull work!

I'd agree about not needing the ram waterblocks, waste of time and purty copper unless your puting the heat to it with a volt mod/OC.
Heatsinks can do a fine job if your ram really gets hot though. I'd built some cheapo ones for my poor tortured Rage128 way back when. I just wound a spiral of 10 gage copper wire around a pencil and used Arctic Silver's adhesive to mount them on the ram.
Works nice, looks cool, costs nothing (except the adhesive).
Just a thought. They sure seam to want an arm (at least) for storebought copper 'sinks.

Have a great one, and Welcome to the forums!
You other slackers are getting rude.

epion2985

There was intended to be an update to that article, but I fell out with deviant pc............. petty politics :rolleyes:

If you read the below thread link I used high voltage as JFettig says, and found something else to get to 465/810, and I'm still pretty sure my card was not the best in ram chip quality.

I also did the same with an FX 5800 Ultra, which really did need it as 90% of the heat was from the ddr2, the backside ram sink of FX flow I measured at near 80C !

Water-cooling the VGA ram was however not for overclocking in my case, but for effective cooling in a fan free, (zero airflow environment). As said in the deviant article my 9700 Pro wouldn't run a 3d app in stock form from new due to the ram heat.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33651150

Yeah leave them off. I didn't look to see if anyone brought it up, but that is a crapload of mass for something that dosen't need the stress.

It's not only mounting it to the card, it's comming up with a hard mount to support the card!

It's true they do make the card weigh a fair bit (part of the reason for using the smaller festo fittings in an attempt to reduce the size of the blocks). At the end of the day copper is weighty, having said that PCB is also very strong and I have not made or needed any extra card support with my card coolers so far, the "L" shaped ram blocks do help stiffen the card somewhat. I don't move my PC around though, so it could be more of an issue if it were moved and banged around.

Back