• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-3700 Gold @ Cas 2 !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've heard things about OCZ and Geil being connected, maybe its just to keep up market competition, but I couldn't help but notice that OCZs ram has the new "gold" gimmick, and Geil is following suit with their Golden-Dragon Series.

I have Geil PC3700 Platinum series and have been really happy with my Ram, and even though I hear mixed reviews of both Geil and OCZ I think they are good brands. I mean IF ocz or geil did have bad batches of ram a while back, now they are going to be sure to make big improvements so they can impress and start re-earning any respect they lost. Personally even though I'm sure many may disagree with me, I think its a great time to buy from either brand :)

same thing as batboy said about ocz gold goes for geil, I see it on geils website as a product, but have yet to find it on any vendors site. guess they are upcoming products then?

I wouldn't buy another stick of memory from OCZ, after the third stick that went bad and caused massive instability, I switched to Corsair XMS and have been trouble free ever since. I hope GEIL is not affiliated with OCZ because their memory sucks. I have used many brands of memory over the years and never had one brand fail me except OCZ. That's all I need to know about OCZ. :mad:

look at my sig..... 3500 geil at 4-3-3-2.0cas @ 208fsb or 416....
i am very happy with my geil..... i had some cosiar and it was 3200.... it had nice timings but... when i put it with my friends machine.... it F'ed his videocard (9700 PRO) thats why i will never trust them again

Last edited:
I'm keeping my eye out for some of the GOLD myself.

I was there in the middle of the whole OCZ thing when they
had multiple personalities/web locations and stuff.

Granted, their business practices were very questionable, but
their products and customer service were always impressive.

when i put it with my friends machine.... it F'ed his videocard (9700 PRO) thats why i will never trust them again

how is this possible? i'd think it more likely user error that fried your buddies card. i don't see how a stick of ram can toast a vid card.

J.

well, its a R9700 Pro one of the best..... it was fine before i installed this memory then, it just shows diff colored charactors on the screen and it wont let me boot (like i mean squares and things, all over the screen) tried our backup geforce 3.....magicly it worked.... without the cosiar, that is.....
i am never tring this again.....cosiar is evil

most likely, If your corsair worked fine in your system, then gets popped in anohter system and does something like that, it's either you did something catastrophic to the corsair to cause this (don't know what or even if that's possible) or the 9700 just blew. I've had a motherboard just blow up in smoke after making no changes, just came down in the morning and turned it on. *I would't blaim memory for blowing a vid card...even if it were OCZ memory!

juliendogg said:

how is this possible? i'd think it more likely user error that fried your buddies card. i don't see how a stick of ram can toast a vid card.

J.

Agreed, that is seriously doubtful.

EspElement said:
well, its a R9700 Pro one of the best..... it was fine before i installed this memory then, it just shows diff colored charactors on the screen and it wont let me boot (like i mean squares and things, all over the screen) tried our backup geforce 3.....magicly it worked.... without the cosiar, that is.....
i am never tring this again.....cosiar is evil

Corsair is evil, that's why its consistently rated as the best memory available, not to mention how many satisfied users are using it.

No offense but you sound like you don't really know what your talking about. ;)

ajrettke said:
most likely, If your corsair worked fine in your system, then gets popped in anohter system and does something like that, it's either you did something catastrophic to the corsair to cause this (don't know what or even if that's possible) or the 9700 just blew. I've had a motherboard just blow up in smoke after making no changes, just came down in the morning and turned it on. *I would't blaim memory for blowing a vid card...even if it were OCZ memory!

I'd believe it if it was OCZ memory. LOL, J/K, but OCZ does suck. :D

it was never ran on anything else but my friends.... BRAND NEW!

well, maybe i had a bad stick... oh well GEIL works fine for me.... not like my computer is a ****ing desktop user only.... hell now, video memory timings is what matters to me most.... something possibly could have been wrong with the video board, sounds funny tho that it was fine before i stuck it in.... doesnt it?

Back