• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-3700 Gold @ Cas 2 !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From personal experience, OCZ is really trying to make their customers happy. I can say they went out of their way with service above and beyond the call of duty with me in order to correct a problem I was having. I have two sticks of OCZ PC3500 EL that can run at PC3700 specs (see screenie).

People that claim the "majority" of people are having trouble with OCZ are not giving entirely factual info. While OCZ did have some past troubles and got their reputation tarnished a year or two ago, they've had a major reorganization since then and seem to have really turned things around. Personally, I'm going to try this new PC3700 Gold on my new rig and I know of a bunch of other Intel Canterwood users that plan to try it too.

2400C-1to1-cpuz-mem.jpg

EDIT: this was using 2.8v

Last edited:
SeanOMatic said:
Hey Guys,

My name is Sean Sinha, I work for OCZ Technology. I appreciate those of you who have said good things about our company, and those of you who haven't as well. If any of you have had problems previously, we will take care of them. If you have a bad module, we will take care of that.

I can guarantee that not one other manufacturer comes to forums to hear what people think, and offer their solutions. We want every single person who uses our products to have a great experience, and if you don't, I want you to let me know.
about mabey 6 months ago i linked someone who was having issues with thier ocz memory to im almost sure it was sean and his email addy as he had posted this same offer over at extremesystems.org

that person didnt even try and resolve it this route,and its a shame.the reason i say this is,if i was to go this route and have sean test my faulty memory im sure id be sent back a hand tested stick in return. mabey not who knows.

but i do feel i would have been at least satisfied in the end.
i havent bought ocz memory lately.and to be honest i dont need new memory.but to buy one to test and play with i feel confident i wouldnt be unhappy.

and a final note.its not easy turning around a bad rep.id like to say hi to all the ho's out there and thank them for their bad reps :D
but these guys didnt go and hide under a differant rock and call it "xyz ram"
also as i stated above it takes balls to come out with this new cas2 3700 when noone can seem to get it working under c2.5

did anyone notice he told us amd guys not to head this route with the cas2 3700? and hes right.well unless you have a vdd mod on a nf7-s rev2 that will run 250fsb 1:1

If the person being referred to made an offer to help people at XtremeSystems, it was Ryan, the CEO of OCZ, trying to help.

I find that, more often than not, people would rather trash us in forums than have us help them by getting a new stick. Our RMA process is plain and simple, and we go out of the way for every single customer.

More info on Gold Series:

It uses EL chips designed to run the highest frequency at average timings. Basically, what the Canterwood needs at this point. To be honest, Gold Series will probably not allow for better timings at PC-3500 speed than our regular PC-3500 EL DDR, which is just the way we designed the module.

If you have questions, feel free to AIM me at OCZSean.

SeanOMatic said:
If the person being referred to made an offer to help people at XtremeSystems, it was Ryan, the CEO of OCZ, trying to help.

I find that, more often than not, people would rather trash us in forums than have us help them by getting a new stick. Our RMA process is plain and simple, and we go out of the way for every single customer.
yup thats the correct person.i was mistaken.woooooo the ceo? dang now thats CS!

unforunatly sean your correct people would rather trash than praise.i wish you guys good luck and when i need ram again i have another option besides xms/hyperx

I am glad you feel that OCZ is a good choice of memory and you put us on the same level as Corsair and Kingston.

all i have heard about OCZ in the last 6 months is praise. I have seen great things at good prices from OCZ. Infact i ordered 4x256mb stick of pc3700el for my friend, and my new machines. I might be sending mine back for the gold seriers, it sounds like it would be worth the hassle of retruning the memory.

Your mileage may vary, but mine did better than that with only 2.8v. Anything over what the manufacturer rates the RAM at is gravy. Remember, nothing is guaranteed in overclocking. Besides, I sure don't recommend using 3.2v for very long. Excessive voltage creates heat and is generally a bad thing for most electronic components.

So with reasonable (upto 3.2v, which quality memory shouldnt have a problem handling) voltage, would 2-2-2-5-1 be realistic at 233 fsb? Of course I realize that nothing is guaranteed, but there IS the realm of fantasy ;) Thanks

-RuKK

Blkout said:

Would you like me to scan and post three invoices where I've bought and returned THREE OCZ PC3200 modules? I've had both OCZ and Corsair, nothing but problems with the OCZ and the Corsair has worked flawlessly. In fact I build PC's for people and the ONLY memory I've ever had a problem with is OCZ. I think its great if yours is working fine, but OCZ as a company produces some pretty ****ty memory overall. I'm sure there will always be someone who has had good luck with it, but the majority have been very dissapointed with it. And as someone else said before me, if you've been around long enough, you'd know why OCZ doesn't have the best reputation.

buy the looks of it ive bin around here longer than you! and yes i read all the people bashing OCZ, and i still bought it because 80% of the people on these forums dont know there head from there ***. im my opinon OCZ ram is top notch. and leading the market in new faster technology. im sorry you have had problmes with the pc3200 ram and down, but do us all a favor try there new products and then get back with us and let us know what u think (make shure you got a nf7-s v2 vmoded if you wana atempt to max the ram)

Currently, all of our memory modules are very stable and offer great performance. I personally use Rev 3.2 PC-2700 on my NForce2 system.

Should be getting mine real soon. Just for the record I want to tell EVERYONE that my customer service experience with OCZ was EXCELLENT! :D

Emails answered in the middle of the night and on Memorial day. I am very pleased and will highly recommend them to anybody! They may of had a bad rep but that was then and this is NOW! I see a stellar company emerging from the brinks.....

BTW heres a link with the modules at DDR500

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45903

Back