• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-3700 Gold @ Cas 2 !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think it's hit the shelves yet. I'm waiting for it to show
up myself. Looks like it could be fun...but expensive...

Not sure why people always have to rag on OCZ, here is a pair of PC3500 EL running in dual channel. DDR470 with tight RAM timings is nothing to sneeze at.

2400C-1to1-cpuz-mem.jpg

whats your volts at man? hmmm that sounds good..... i dont think i can run that with mine.... how you change the T1 timing to T2? like rated 6-3-3-2.0 cas T1

ok people PLEASE QUIT BASHING OCZ, i now have 3 sticks of the pc3500el ram and they are running at 440 5-2-2-2 DC WITH 3 STICKS!@!@, OCZ makes good memory, just most are buyst twards corsar, people who never evin tryed ocz bash it and say corsar is better. most of the people who have problems with there OCZ, is caused buy other things ie vdd volts.
the old ocz pc3200 and down is no good and chocked full of fake modules all over (ocsystems faked ocz ram). so go for the new EL its cheep and you wont be dissopointed. if you get a bad module call ocz speek to "ryan" he will get you a great working stick to your house in days

Gods_oMekone said:
ok people PLEASE QUIT BASHING OCZ, i now have 3 sticks of the pc3500el ram and they are running at 440 5-2-2-2 DC WITH 3 STICKS!@!@, OCZ makes good memory, just most are buyst twards corsar, people who never evin tryed ocz bash it and say corsar is better. most of the people who have problems with there OCZ, is caused buy other things ie vdd volts.
the old ocz pc3200 and down is no good and chocked full of fake modules all over (ocsystems faked ocz ram). so go for the new EL its cheep and you wont be dissopointed. if you get a bad module call ocz speek to "ryan" he will get you a great working stick to your house in days

Hey, if you've been around long enough you'd be scepticle too about OCZ. I'm not sure about naming schemes and all that BS but isn't 3500 supposed to run at 220? OCZ has cleaned up thier act in a way in which there stuff actualy runs as advertised!?!?!?! shocking to me honestly. People may be wondering why no ones ranting and raving about corsair and mushkin...well it's just that people have come to expect good results and when they get these there not surprised and don't go posting left and right about it. *shrug* I'm glad people arn't getting screwed by OCZ, just seems they cycle so often people are gonna start to buy it and get burned.

Every product has a downfall, I've seen some of you people bash corsair and other brands for cost...well I'm bashing OCZ on quality.

EspElement said:
whats your volts at man? hmmm that sounds good..... i dont think i can run that with mine.... how you change the T1 timing to T2? like rated 6-3-3-2.0 cas T1

Vmem in that screenie that I posted running at DDR470 was 2.8v. It would do DDR440 at 2.6v. I have not changed the "T1" timing, I left that on "auto".

ATTENTION:

For those of you wondering about when the OCZ PC3700 Gold will be released. I just got this from my source at OCZ.

As for the availability of OCZ Gold series memory, it still might be 2 weeks. The general way of releasing a new product, is first to PR it, send out review samples to get an idea of general public demand and acceptance, dually stocking the product for initial batch release at the same time. We are looking at releasing it hopefully the first week of June.

Last edited:
3700 OCZ Dual Channel Gold EL DDR memory is rated at CL 2-3-7-3. I've heard people getting the NON-GOLD 3700 OCZ Dual Channel EL DDR memory running at 2-2-5-2. Isn't 2-3-7-3 going slower or is the speed difference negligable.

I just want speed. 430-466 @ 2-2-5-2 on an Asus or Gigabyte 865 or 875 board. Suggestions for Corsair or OCZ RAM? Motherboard suggestions (PATA RAID Requirement)?

With all the bad stuff on GEIL I'm sticking with Corsair or OCZ.

When it hits the channels, if anyone finds a link for this new 3700 OCZ Dual Channel Gold EL DDR memory in GIG kits instead of the paltry 512 kits let me know. I have a bad feeling that it won't hit the market channel soon enough. I need it by June 4th for a LAN Party.

I highly doubt the OCZ PC3700 Gold would be out before your LAN party. Better figure something else out.

I think the "non-gold" PC3700 is "rated" 2.5,3,3,7. Sure peeps are running it with tighter timings. It would be reasonable to expect "most" of the gold stuff to run tighter timings until you start overclocking it a lot too. It's just that OCZ will "only" guarantee the gold to run at 2,3,3,7 at DDR466. This gives them a little bit of a margin of error since all mobos are not made alike.

things do seem to be turning around for ocz.
im starting to here good things more and more about thier newer products.

ill also point out this is great news for intel guys like batboy.lucky dog can run over 250 makes me hurt deep down inside.

this could be a break in the 3700 series ram as noone ive seen gets good results at cl2 with it. 1:1 in amd land over 220fsb.

if they do get this going at its rated speeds cl2 and 1:1 its gonna be a great ocer id think.

hmmmm might be a good reason to vdd mod my nf7-s rev2 and shoot for 250fsb myself.

Gods_oMekone said:

Would you like me to scan and post three invoices where I've bought and returned THREE OCZ PC3200 modules? I've had both OCZ and Corsair, nothing but problems with the OCZ and the Corsair has worked flawlessly. In fact I build PC's for people and the ONLY memory I've ever had a problem with is OCZ. I think its great if yours is working fine, but OCZ as a company produces some pretty ****ty memory overall. I'm sure there will always be someone who has had good luck with it, but the majority have been very dissapointed with it. And as someone else said before me, if you've been around long enough, you'd know why OCZ doesn't have the best reputation.

Hey Guys,

My name is Sean Sinha, I work for OCZ Technology. I appreciate those of you who have said good things about our company, and those of you who haven't as well. If any of you have had problems previously, we will take care of them. If you have a bad module, we will take care of that.

I can guarantee that not one other manufacturer comes to forums to hear what people think, and offer their solutions. We want every single person who uses our products to have a great experience, and if you don't, I want you to let me know.

Also, to clear up the confusion. OCZ and GeIL are in no way, shape or form related. We are located in two completely different area's, and our product structure is completely different.

Gold Series memory has been designed specifically for the Canterwood and Springdale, so it works best with those chipsets. Non-Intel users should stick with regular PC-3700 or PC-3500 EL DDR.

Hey Sean, thanx for posting.

OCZ has been good to me. I had some of their older memory
that just wans't performing up to specs on half my motherboards,
and OCZ swapped them out for newer revisions of the same
stuff and I've been rocking since!!

I'm hoping to try out this Gold stuff.

Sean, any release date?

Back