• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this is fun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that is sweet... but what operton mobo has an agp slot? .. i'd prolly be cheaper to build your own.

yeah and more fun guna try and serch for the chipset to see where those boards are at.
edit: MB is from Arima (RioWorks)

Last edited:
hahahh what kind of company who make such a ..... stupid combo? lol dual opteron runs on WinXP?? i hoped atleast win2k3
Oh well some kids got money to burn i think... Something terribly wrong with ppl these days :cool:

MameXP,

They're offering these with pairs of opteron 240's. Know what this means? The SINGLE CPU versions will work in dual configurations!

opteron 240s are duallies...

the first number is how many it will work with, thus
240 - dual
440 - quad
640 - sextuple
840 - massive mind-blowing pee-your-pants power

oh, right, and PAGE NOT FOUND.

these are the opteron configerations as of amd
http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_861_8806,00.html#69573

Q: For what types of servers is the AMD Opteron processor suitable?

A: The AMD Opteron processor is suitable for different workloads across an enterprise:

1-2P servers are suitable for firewall, cache and load-balancing servers, as well as Web servers.
2-4P servers are suitable for heavy-duty Web servers and applications servers.
4P-8P servers are suitable for back-end database and storage servers.

Does anyone know if therte is a 14x and will the 14x be an athlon 64?

ok just got an email back off Arima and they do do the boards.
unfornunately one of the emails bounced i was faworded to some one in the uk and that did not work. so this is what i have so far.

Dear Mr. Forrester:

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, we do manufacturing these products. Please allow me to pass our Sales, Caroline, to handle your requirement in the UK area.

Caroline: Thx for taking care this.

Jimmy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:38 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: do u do

Iv seen some reports of a boxx system which uses dual opteron and has an agp 8x
pro slot.
The board was aparently supplyed by your company but I cant find it on your web
site. Could you please email me back and tell me if you do have such a product.

Thanks

i added everything optional, and my grand total came out Total Price : $15,130.00. thats more than my car. a little pricey the opterons are. i rather buy just the mobo and do it mysef.

think i got $21,053 ill try again to check.
edit:
Total Price : $12,421.00 with out software
Total Price : $20,941.00 with

Last edited:
Amorphus said:
opteron 240s are duallies...

the first number is how many it will work with, thus
240 - dual
440 - quad
640 - sextuple
840 - massive mind-blowing pee-your-pants power

oh, right, and PAGE NOT FOUND.
There's no 640. And IIRC, 840 and 440 will be interchangeable. (Both have 3 HT links)
MameXP said:
hahahh what kind of company who make such a ..... stupid combo? lol dual opteron runs on WinXP?? i hoped atleast win2k3
Oh well some kids got money to burn i think... Something terribly wrong with ppl these days :cool:

MameXP,
And pray tell what's wrong with Windows XP?

They're pricey, yes, but you don't see AMD aiming them towards consumers. For what they are, powerful 64-bit server and workstation processors, they're great value for money.

FunkDaMonkMan said:
that is sweet... but what operton mobo has an agp slot? .. i'd prolly be cheaper to build your own.

I don't know if this has already been said but if your interested check out the first article that www.2cpu.com has listed.

Back