• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matsu****a DVD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g2g2

Matsu-s-h-i-t-a DVD

I have a Matsu-s-h-i-t-a Mdl LF D311GK DVD writer. Can anyone tell me if these units are any good. I have been using this for about 10 months and the DVDs I am burning are starting to skip. I have tried cleaning the unit several times but it seems to make little or no difference.

???What DVD burner would you consider to be the best???

Last edited:
The skipping can be caused by many things.
1. Can be the burner lense is dirty. (You cleaned it.)
2. The media can just be bad. (Skips on some players and not others.)
3. The encoding job on the movies were not perfect. (I always make a DVD RW copy first to make sure it's good before I put it to DVD-R)
4. Might just be the reader's lense that's dirty.
Hope that helps. I don't know much on your burner sorry. Usually the key making good backups is the media and the encoding job.

Some ppl would say that the Sony burner would be the best since it support both formats. The older Pioneer A-05 was good as well and the new A-06 seems to be a good thing that got even better supporting both -/+ formats.

I just got through burning another 2 copies. One after I re-rendered the entire project and the second using a disc from another manufacturer(Imation). The Imation disc played okay while the first one still skipped.
It must just be some poor quality discs.
I still wonder about the quality of the Matsushi-- burner. I have now found that they are in with Panasonic. I will definitely be looking into a Sony.
Thanks for your input Tebore...

I also have a "Matishi" (misspelled on purpose) and it is a Panasonic basically. Mine is just a CD-RW but has been working great for over 3 years now and is only an 8x speed.

Sony, Panasonic and Pioneer have all performed very well for me provided you clean them from time to time with a CD or DVD lens cleaner. Those things really do work, give that a try :D

Well I don't know if this is of use but i once had a Mashi 8x4x32 CD-RW. It was a great drive at the beginning but it got really loud a year later and it started to become really picky about it's media. One thing about Panasonic stuff I notice is that they seem to rush their products. The first stuff they put on the market seems to lack features and reliability I've expected from Sony or Plextor.

best dvd burner is the Sony DRU500 or some version of that. It does DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and CD's at 24x. I have it right now and i use it to burn all sorts of things and they work perfect even on generic media. oh, and did I mention it writes at 4x?

I have just looked at the Sony units available and will get one soon.
The Matsu---- that I have now is being replaced under warranty, expires in 2 weeks.
I was able to find out that the unit I have was one of the first units made by Matsush---.
Thanks for everyones input...

Back