• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SonicB

Registered
Which Mobo Should I go With?

Asus P4C800-E Delux
Or
Asus P4C800 Delux

Or

Abit IC7-G Max 2 Advance
Or
Abit IS7-G Max 2 Advance

This is going in my main gaming rig maybe some oc'ing down the road. I will be putting a p4 3.0g in it with CORSAIR XMS TwinLL 512MB(2 x 256MB) PC-3200LL. I have all the other things I just can't decide on what MB to go with.

Aaaaah! I'm contemplating this decision as well, and I need help, too! My problem also has an MSI Neo-FIS2R thrown into the mix. To help you out a little, I read a Maximum PC review that showed the Asus board as faster than the Abit board, and the fastest in their roundup at stock speeds. Now when you throw overclocking into the mix, I'm not sure how Asus stacks up. They said that it was stable, and fast right out of the box ("Where did they find all this speed? This is Asus, right?" was their remark). But I have the impression, that being Abit, the IC-7 should be able to overclock like a madman. The MaxPC review was also praising the Chaintech 875P chipset board due to all its accesories and speed to match. I haven't heard anything about Chaintech boards yet...

If someone has any words of wisdom about these motherboards, it would be much appreciated.

Im leaning towards the P4C800-E . Since this is my first leap into intel ( On AMD Right now ) I wanted to get other people opinons on the boards before I decided. :cool:

Back