• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need memory advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravsitar

I've just about finalized that parts for my new computer and some of them are on the way. The only thing I haven't figured out is the RAM. I'm looking for 1GB for a dual channel setup. I doubt I'll do much overclocking on this rig so I don't need the EXTREEM stuff. I would also like to buy a matched set. I don’t have the time right now to mess with the ram to get it working properly. I just want it to work. I've learned in the past not to mess with cheap stuff when it's any critical to the system. I've budgeted about $350 for the ram.

Here's the System:

Lian-Li PC-60
Pentium 4 Northwood @ 3.0GHz
Antec TRUE430
16x DVD ROM
42x Plextor CDR
Abit IC7-G Max2 (Possibly the Max 3)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
120GB SATA Westerndigital
Soundblaster Audigy 2
WinXP
Heatsink to be determined (I'll have a thread for suggestions in the Cooling section in a minute)

Suggest away.

KINGSTON HyperX from Newegg.com ...$284 ..good performance, reliable and within budget

with $350 or less you could get some adata 512 pc4000. Just saw a 512 stik on ebay rite now so mayb u can check that out.

I must have 1GB of ram total. SO I need 2x512MB sticks. Like I said above I'd also like to buy a matched set so I know the ram works in Dual channel.

any two sticks that are the same in model and size should work in dual channel no problem. U could alwayz buy 1 stik of 512 and by another later or same time if u wish.

Back