• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Help!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcfan60

Hey guys, I bought a Radeon 9700 pro from new egg like acouple of days ago, this one is refurbished so I got it for like $219. it got here and well the things gives me all this glitches in 16bits but in 32 bits it does not. In CS 1.6 it gives me lots glitches and it lock up. I give me all the same problem that some one would get from ocing to much the card. but I noticed several things like. the card is labeld in the back radeon 9700 128... I bought a"9700 PRO" and on the display it where is says the name of the vidcard it says 9500pro/9700. I was thinking maybe the other dude who had flashed it with an OCed bios. so I used power strip and saw that it's speed is of a 9700 NONPRO.... so do you guys think a flashing the bios would help??? I mean the card look EXACTLY like a 9700 PRO and damn it I dont wanna RMA, but If a I have to I will. May be the other dude was a idiot and flashed a wrong bios trying to OC and that is why he RMA it... should I try... is it worth the try... or just RMA????

Back