• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with ut2k3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok i just emerge ut2k3, and installed it completely now wheni try to run it.. it will start to load then just quit

saying

Code:
Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'Engine' 
<?int?Engine.Errors.FailedMD5Load?> 

History: 

Exiting due to error 

waiting for X server to shut down

thanks for the help

I didn't use the emereg of ut2k3. I simply installed from CD 3. Works fine for me. Seems like your problem is with the ut2k3 config file or something.

Axle

I also installed from cd3 as well.. fo course to mount and unmount /mnt/cdrom you will ahve to open another xterm . other then that .. works pretty ok :)

What I did when I installed it on a Linux setup (not saying I played it, but it started up and went ot the game screen) is, copied the script from the cdrom onto the HDD (This is a must!) and then executed the script from there. If you don't do that, you won't be able to change disks.

Also, I doubt this is the problem, but do you have the newest video drivers?

Fold and Frag on
Brian

bubba gump said:
What I did when I installed it on a Linux setup (not saying I played it, but it started up and went ot the game screen) is, copied the script from the cdrom onto the HDD (This is a must!) and then executed the script from there. If you don't do that, you won't be able to change disks.

Also, I doubt this is the problem, but do you have the newest video drivers?

Fold and Frag on
Brian
yes that is another way... however like i said open another xterm other then the one that loki installer is using to copy temp files to
su {root password}
umount /mnt/cdrom <<<change disks
mount /mnt/cdrom
repeat untill complete
this way you dont have to copy the loki installation file to hard drive... there is a million ways to do things with linux :)
yes i got the drivers NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run
its a real sweet and easy installer :)

Back