• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thorton OC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy53

Spent a good deal of time with the rig last night. After supplying my memory with enough voltage I got the FSB up to 216. That’s exactly what my memory is rated for, still running the tightest possible timings. 2-2-2-5. Starts rebooting out of windows any faster than that.

After that I started ramping up the multiplier. 10.5 won't post but 10 is solid. Voltage is at 1.725 but BIOS reports it as higher. Hopefully my new Fortron will take care of that for me. Temps are pretty good right now, still not past 40 C.

I don't really want to raise the voltage much more, especially with the PSU I have right now. I figure once I get the new one I will try a burn in and possibly be able to get that 10.5 multiplier. Perhaps it will run 11 with a bunch more voltage.

This question might be for the wrong forum, but is there a way to run my memory faster without loosening the timings? I don’t want to run any more voltage to them (warranty is already void). Active cooling? Chipset voltage mod? North bridge lap / fan upgrade? Or am I going to be stuck at the limit of this memory?

Optimally I would want 218*11=2.4ghz but that may be wishful thinking if I still want to run the tightest timings. I still have not tried to unlock the extra cache... will most likely do that this weekend providing I have the time. Considering I’m running 500 mhz faster than stock, I’m already pretty happy.

Edit: P95 for 12 hours, what else should I do to stress?

Thanks for letting me share.

Sandra and 3dmark on a continuous loop, as far as your ram, I'd say better cooling(active) and a vdimm mod, also better chipset cooling along with a vdd mod will help your fsb stability

I also recommend running prime for at least 24 hours. I once got an error after 15 hours into the test.

Whats the difference between warnings and errors? My test will stop after too many warnings, even if I dont get any errors

Back