• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy High Multipliers Batman!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyberius

Hey, since my system is kinda crippled as I'm waiting for my new ram, and sold my normal ram to afford the mushkin, I'm using my spare Corsair XMS 2700, and only running a 333 FSB. I didnt want to run stock, so I went into my bios and upped my multiplier, and it goes to all the way to 15! my bios goes higher but my proc maxed out in mhz and wouldnt go any further. Is it normal to have multis unlocked on a barton all the way to 15? It may even go further than that, I'll drop down my fsb to see just how high of multi it can use later.

Yes you should have all muiltplier's if the chip is an unlocked barton.

i didnt know that meant above 12.5 also, I gues normally my FSB is so high i cant really play with those multis

What is SUPPOSED to happen is after 12.5 it goes back down. IE 13x=5x,14x=6x. Same on a 2800+. On the 3000+ you cant go below 12.5 as far as i know, 12=23x.

This is a mobo issue. I keep posting the same thing in hopes of finding a third nForce2 that has zero problems with all multipliers on unlocked T-Bred and Barton CPUs.

The only two nForce2 mobos known to post all multipliers on all unlocked CPUs are Abit and Soltek...

My Epox nForce2 has no problems on 2100+ and up T-Breds, anything lower requires a wire trick to get all multis to post...

Last edited:
Yup these two mobo manufacturers are seemingly the only ones whose mobos can handle all five bits of a multi - most only handle 4 so the 8x bit is fixed - hence you only get either 12.5 and below or 13 and up - unless you mod.

Asus nForce2 cannot actually post all multipliers on all Thoroughbreds.
I don't know which ones but people reported it in other threads.
Epox nForce2s post all multipliers on 2100+ and up T-Breds but reset to default multiplier on all 1600+ through 2000+ Thoroughbreds...

You need a wire trick for all mobos except for Abit and Soltek to actually post all multis on all unlocked CPUs. I post this in hopes of maybe finding a third mobo that can also do this without a wire trick, but I doubt that there is one.

Back