• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now, ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goronmon

Registered
Questions about Memtest86...

I've really been having a hard time getting my new system to run stable, I have already RMAd one mobo and I'm on my new third set of KHX 3200 RAM. Yet, I am still getting errors in Memtest86, specifically on Test 5...

The errors seem to happen at random, sometimes it gives 2, sometimes 6, sometimes 14, sometimes none...

Should the errors be varying this much or should they be pretty much constant?

Sorry about the title, this stupid touchpad on my laptop always screws me up...

Well, I haven't changed the timings or voltage around at all, I've been trying to burn it in using Prime 95, it failed the first try after 12 minutes, but I ran it again and its been going for over an hour...

Well, it failed Prime95 after about an hour and never lasted more than a few minutes after that...it fails Test 5 on Memtest86 just about everytime with 4-8 errors...

try changing your timings, i think the hyper-x is suposed to run 2-3-3-6 or something like that, with 2.6V +/- 0,1v, experiment a little... you are bound to get it stable

Alright, I tried different slots in the mobo, and it seams that 1 and 3 were causing problems, but with 2 and 4, it runs in dual channel and it ran Memtest86 43 times overnight without an error, but I am still getting errors in Prime95...

also try to use gold mem instad of mem test, it will show instability problems quicker and more reliable, when you ran mem test it only tested the ram for a certian operation, gold mem takes about an hour and it shows more instability problems, or try tu run more test in mem test 86, use the default settings, i think that would be test 1-7

happy new year everybody :)

Back