• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Basic OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stabber

want to overclock my ti4200. Now I see some say they increase voltage or add ram to their video cards ?? I'm familiar with using coolbits, but how and where do you add ram and increase voltage to your video card. And more importantly, when is it needed?
Thanks

?? don't know where you got the adding RAM idea from - for one thing, you can't :p

You can overclock cards just fine through the nVidia driver control panel - it should have a frequency adjustment tab.

Only mad people volt mod their cards - it involves soldering resistors to the controller chips on the card, and comes with about a 500% greater risk of killing it. Even then the gains may be marginal.

<-- is mad, btw

L337 M33P said:
?? don't know where you got the adding RAM idea from - for one thing, you can't :p

You can overclock cards just fine through the nVidia driver control panel - it should have a frequency adjustment tab.

Only mad people volt mod their cards - it involves soldering resistors to the controller chips on the card, and comes with about a 500% greater risk of killing it. Even then the gains may be marginal.

<-- is mad, btw

Thanks, I must of read wrong on the RAM thing. Going to check the nvidia controls for overclocking. Thanks

odd, i spent 15 mins last night and i couldnt find any OCing on my control panels...doesnt help i'm about 3 days into XP, i hate hate HATE it.

i personally perferr altavista :)

yeah, i found it...i diddnt odwnlaod it though...weird. i feel stupid, i'll have ot go find it again.

Back