• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another new system thoughts thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Heres what I've got so far with prices

Asus P4P800s - $82 @ NewEgg

P4 2.8 (800fsb) - $177 @ eWizz

Samsung 256pc3200 - $40(x2) @ KomusaTech

Asus board, samsung memory this should be pretty sweet eh?

Each dealer is Gold with Reselleratings as well.

To save some cash, I'd grab a 2.4C rather than 2.8C as they'll overclock about the same. If your plans are to overclock, I'd suggest getting some faster memory too.

~THT

Not planning on overclocking, well at least not the memory. The price difference between a 2.8 and 2.4 is minimal so I'd rather go for the 2.8

sounds great! i have the same cpu u speak of, 512mb of ram is sufficenet and asus makes great motherboards (from what i've heard); i had an abit mobo, and i heard that asus is 'up there' and possibly better. you should be very excited!

oh yeah i love your subzero avatar, its the best one i've seen in a while.

delljunks said:
oh yeah i love your subzero avatar, its the best one i've seen in a while.

Heh, thx I like it too. Anyone else have any input because I gonna order this stuff tomorrow.

i think you should look into getting 512MB of ram especially if your into gaming or multitasking. you'll notice the difference.

abitavenger

Just using this system in windows, or are you going to be gaming? It'd make a good Windows system, but what video card are you considering?

dreamtfk said:

Anyone else have any input because I gonna order this stuff tomorrow.

I wouldn't rely on other people's opinions too much. If the specs feel right and you got a couple (including mine) people's opinions that all looks well, go ahead and purchase and be HAPPY! I'm not trying to be rude but if you drag on this thread too long there will obviously be people that will come along and see it stinks. Example: 'amds are better go for one of those', '512 is bare minimum, go for 1GB', 'get a ATI card not an nvidia', 'NO! get a nvidia not ati'. Trust me I too have made the mistake to ask so many people if specs sound alright, and a few have come along and bursted my bubble, but I have learned from the mistake that its not them that have to be dealing with the specs, its you because your the consumer! just a little note i'd like to leave you with ;)

Zim2411 said:
Just using this system in windows, or are you going to be gaming? It'd make a good Windows system, but what video card are you considering?

I've already got a 9800Pro on the way, thx for the input guys.

Back