• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That can't be healthy...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charmapsyche

I have a strange problem...I have multiple CD-R's with applications on them. When I try to run them in my PC, it hangs and then Explorer stops responding. Sometimes I get Cyclic Redundancy errors too. :(
-Is this something to do with overheating, or harddrive problems?

No, perfect condition.
-What gets me though, is it appears to be an intermittent problem. As in, sometimes I'll open the disc drive and the files will show, and I can even go into a folder, opposed to other times it won't even let me open the drive.

My guess is that your cdrom drive might be shaky. Not trying to alarm you or anything but I have had dying drives pull stunts like that.

It could appear that way, but I'm using a DVD+-R drive that performs well with every other kind of disc. No problems with other CDR's either.
-My latest thought was that the speed the disc was originally created may be creating the problem as well.

Back