• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMAed Tyan Tiger wont POST!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEMex

When I got the RMAed board I tried it with my old CPUs, Ram, PSU and got nothing... Thinking that they may have been toasted or something from the last mishap that was all Tyans fault I bought new cpus, AMD 1200+ and a new PSU, 300W 5+v = 30A.

The ram and video cards work fine, nothing wrong with them, but still it wont boot with even the new stuff i put in it. I ran it bare with just the cpus, ram, and video card and still nothing. Made sure there wasn't anything in the back of the board that could be shorting it.

Once power is applied the Keyboard's Num, Scrool and caps lights light up and power off like all computers do but it just sits with a black screen. Ive tried it on two workable monitors. Im about ready to grab the gas and matches and shun the word Tyan for the rest of my life. Can someone please give me tips on what else to do to troubleshoot before i make a hole in my wall? :mad:

Tyan isn't real good about their RMA's.

I once sent them a Tyan Tiger MP board that I had that wouldn't hold CMOS data, if the power was unplugged. I had tried brand new CMOS batteries and nothing helped. I called them, went through their tech support to try to resolve the problem, then got an RMA, when it couldn't be fixed.

I mailed them the board, recieved the replacement board three weeks later and it was the EXACT same board with the EXACT same problem (I had made some marks on the motherboard and the CMOS battery, with a Sharpie, before mailing it to them, because I wanted to know whether they would send me the same board as a replacement.) They hadn't even fixed it! I then had to mail it to them, AGAIN, and wait another two weeks for ANOTHER replacement. That one worked, but I vowed that it would be the last Tyan product I ever bought. They tech support and RMA process was just ridiculous. In the end, it took six weeks, from the time I first got the board, to the time I finally recieved a good, working one.

Yea, its the same exact board, i had a sharpie marked on the ATX connector on the mobo... still a mark on there and with the same problem... Whats Tyans moto? "We are detecated to poor quality crap?" :confused:

What a waste of money to have it shiped to them agian... yea, i will no longer buy Tyan's crap anymore.

Are there any beep codes ? Have you tried to power on with the ram left out..Or the video card or the processor ?

I would try this so you know if the board is detecting the hard ware........

Actually... i have no speaker on that case. I completly forgot about it! Thx for the reminder, i'll hook a speaker up to the mobo and see what beeps it makes.

-edit-
Just put the speaker on the rig.. no beeps :(

Last edited:
Yea.... i called the tech support because the e-mail told me that i was apprantly stoopid. Now they want me to send all my components and the motherboard to them. :rolleyes:

Do you have front side USB hooked up? If so, unhook and see what happens.

i had this problem. SCARED ME TO DEATH. My tyan board ended up BSOD'ing ever 2 minutes. Guy at the shop said itwas the CTC controller. But i found when i switched boards that the one CPU was full of dust. I was in a hurry and didnt have time to play so i hope theres life in it. So my experiences with tyan arent good either.

MadSkillzMan said:
Do you have front side USB hooked up? If so, unhook and see what happens.

i had this problem. SCARED ME TO DEATH. My tyan board ended up BSOD'ing ever 2 minutes. Guy at the shop said itwas the CTC controller. But i found when i switched boards that the one CPU was full of dust. I was in a hurry and didnt have time to play so i hope theres life in it. So my experiences with tyan arent good either.

You mean Front panel USB hook-ups? If so i dont have any :p

The board is either havning conflicts with the cards i have that worked in my other tyan board.. or the board is just a plain POS :mad:

I talked to the techs agian yisterday and they want me to send the board with all the components with it to them...

Last edited:
Try clearing the Cmos,then at boot push the F2 key to see if it enters the bios.

Already tried clearing CMOS... it was a no go, just sits there and does a whole lot of nothing :p

Ive sent the board out to them to see wth is going on with it :/

Back