• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think I just lost a beloved Mobo:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Last couple of months this rig has acted up a bit. It was always like the psu was dead. After a while it would start up. I thought well its tripping the safeties and resetting. Well I just raised the OC on this rig to try and get better times on the new massive 160 poiters and it wouldnt boot. Oops too much OC. So I decide to try a cold boot before resetting the cmos. Turned it off waited 1-2-3--------10 turn it on and nuttin, notta, zip. So I think the psu is acting up again. opened it up and pulled the 20 pin and jumpered the psu and it fires right up with 11.98 and 5.06 vrails...What the ----. Well I plugged the 20 pin back into the mobo and nuttin, notta, zip. Tried shorting the power on pins and nope. I think it has seen its last day:(. And it was 40% complete on the 160 pointer:(

Did I miss something? Any suggestions?

BTW this is the backup rig in my sig

Mine acts so crazy. It wouldn't boot for a whole day. I left it unlpugged, walked back the next day, turned it on, and it worked. For no reason it broke and fixed itself.

Try taking the CMOS battery out, unplug the PSU, and set the jumper to clear. Then have a :beer: and come back to it.

OK the clear cmos worked. But it wont OC above what I have now. Cant even get it to boot at 152x11.5 I think its time to retire this old friend to the garage farm and bring in something a bit more modern for a backup. Heck this chip mobo combo is a waste of my glorious Corsair XMS 3200c2. It oced better with a 1600agoia. Oh well at least its working and I did'nt lose the 40% complete 160 pointer. I'm off to Newegg refurb section to see whats floating around there.

Thanks PMS

I have the lan Party 2 rev-b.
Take my word for it. Most impressive board I've ever delt with.

Clear your cm one more time using the jumper for a good bit of time. (say another 5 min) Then see if it'll O/C for ya. Also remember to put in any voltage/memory tweaks you used to get that!

One thing I love about this DFI, you can backup 4 different bios setups. If you push it too hard and it won't boot, you just reload. It boots with everything BUT the CPU speed (Which stays at default) The next boot it re-clocks to whatever the saved CPU speed is.

That might sound like a pain, but you don't want to save a clock you can't run, then have that be your default LoL!

wazzzz zis.... tismedt lose a reeeg? my my... there's a God after all...

i feeel zooo sowwy for ya tismedt...

Muahahaha... *hickup* oh Iz bettah get offline...

Flix

Flixotide How did I know this would make you happy?:D But Its still working:D, just getting a bit tempermental.

PMS/Toys thanks for the reccomendations. I've been looking at the DFI line for last couple weeks. I've never tried one of thier boards but I think I will give a lan party board a whirl. I've got a unlocked 2500 barton heading my way and I can test it side by side with my NF7-s.

Sometimes totally disconnecting power and waiting a while will get rid of no post buggaboos.

On the lower OC since reset issue make sure your setting are where you had them before reset. Especially mem and possibly mem voltage.

After installing XP on my P4 1.8A rig I kept coming back to a black screen with no response. Reboot and it would work awhile then did it again. Fixed the prob by increasing mem voltage one step up. Been fine every since.

Back