• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Problem <Maybe?>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stick00

My maxtor D740X ATA Harddrive is showing up as a

Maxtor 6 L040J2 SCSI Disk Device.......

Correct me if im wrong ,But shouldnt it show up an ATA device? I went into Bios and set the settings to LBA..But it still shows up SCSI .....
Also am i hurting my performance with the device manager showing this? It does act a little sluggish at startup,with the mouse drifting for a few seconds while my start up is loading....Let me know , It bugs me to death...Wanting it to run at the right settings.....Surely windows is treating my ATA as SCSI..

I'm not exactly sure, but the sluggishness could be your bios. 1/21 was rock solid for me, but windows took a ridiculous amount of time to load, so I flashed to 1/31 and it's light-speed. Perhaps you might want to try a good PROPER cmos reset and see if that does anything for you as I know it has fixed several tiny 'quirks' I used to have. GL!

Back