• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick help needed: NF7-S V2 BIOS Wierdness???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anitract

Ok, I am wanting to update my BIOS to the latest NF7-S Rev. 2 BIOS, but noticed some conflicting information. I want to make sure its sorted out before I update. Anyway, when I load my computer I have the following info: 12/24/2020-nVidia-nForce-6A61BA1BC-22

First of all, what's with the date? 2020? Second of all, when I go to Abit's web-site and look under NF7-S Rev. 2 BIOS download section, there IS NO version 22 (it goes from 21 to 23), but there IS one on the plain NF7-S (non-version 2). Why would my board have this BIOS on it?

There is a sticker on my Motherboard, which says ">long number< followed by NF7-S V2.0", which leads me to believe that this is revision 2. I bought the board new from Newegg a month ago.

Can anyone help me? I wanted to get a good/updated BIOS on this thing tonight.

*bump* Still not certain what to do. I've been reading a ton in this board, but now am even more confused that before. I see that there are all of these modded BIOS out there too...I basically want a fast/reliable BIOS for my board...something with enough gusto for for a first-time overclocker like myself. The only other requirement is good SATA support (as I am still wrestling w/ my SATA samsunh 120 GB drive). Can somebody help me out?

The D22 bios did not support 10 or 10.5 multipliers.
Should be ok to flash it with a Rev 2 bios. If you still don't feel to sure just go into the bios and see if those multis are available. If their missing then you should be fine.

Can't help you with the sata support. There are basically two differing bios that handle sata drives, both supposedly fix corruption depending if you have them arrayed. Might upgrade to sata someday but IDE is still treating me well enough.

My current setup is not corrupted and it is not in RAID, but I wanted a BIOS with the best SATA support to avoid any corruption issues. Do I not need to worry about this since I am not in a RAID setup?

Also, I looked at my BIOS and it HAS the 10 and 10.5 multipliers...*scratches head* But I 99.9% sure that the board is a Rev. 2....as it says Rev 2 and has the motherboard lights. So if this is true, shouldn't I be able to use any rev. 2 bios?

Last edited:
Back