• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard screws

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

I'm looking at replacing my needlessly large Gateway case with this this case.

Problem is the screws holding the mobo in on this computer are tamper-proof, and I don't know that I can remove it, anyone have some ideas?

If the screws are designed to be tamper proof there must be some tool somewhere that can remove them.. dont know if you could get ahold of such a tool. Either that or start cutting?

I'll start looking... this case is so ugly, especially with the changes I've made to it (fronts off, grills cut)

when you say tamperproof, is it that they need a wierd screwdriver or that the heads are designed to only give resistance to a screwdriver when being screwed in (honestly that does make sense if you think about it :p)

It should be able to fit into a new case as long as the format of the board is what you'd expect (ie ATX, AT etc) Most cases have lots of mount points for the motherbaord risers to allow for differing standards

350099663.jpg

Both the board and case are Micro-ATX, but look at those keyhole things, I'm not sure... maybe i should just buy a new mobo too? :\

well if you're buying a new case regardless, buy it, see if the old motherboard will fit and if not then buy a new board.

Back