• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

I can't run any of the Direct3d Tests or 3DMark. It gives me this error Test Failed at Step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code). I tried reinstalling DirectX and it didn't fix the problem.

i can only think of two things it might be.
1. your oc is to high try lowering your oc see if that helps.

2. corrupt drivers, try uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers. also try different ones.
that's all i can think of :-/

I have gotten an error similar to that when my OC was too high on many occasions. If you really want to know, you could try entering that error code into the MS knowledge base.

sdx said:
I have gotten an error similar to that when my OC was too high on many occasions. If you really want to know, you could try entering that error code into the MS knowledge base.

That usually works for me when XP ***** up.

fixed it, the omega drivers did it for some reason. So I uninstalled those and reinstalled the basic nvidia ones.

Back