• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i get ballistix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

i could get 1gb pc3200 CL2 (2x512 for dual use) for £150 of crucial ballistix

or

i could get Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2 for £170

or

Kingston HyperX 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC3200 (KHX3200AK2/1G) CAS2.0 Dual Channel Kit (MY-012-KS) for £170

which is it? from what i have read the ballistix looks good and is cheap but you lot know best...

thanks

well i dont think it has had any reviews or anything and i havent heard of anyone who has this stuff yet. but if it were my choice, between the three options there, i would get the ballistix. i have used crucial ram in my rig for the last three years and it has done me well. i feel that they are a solid company and produce products which do what they say they will do. plus they're like $30 cheaper too so i would go with those.

thats just me though :)

Thanks for the link, RedScare. I read the first couple of pages of that thread earlier today, but did not get to the part where that fella reported results.

thanks for all the replys looks like the ballistix then! only problem is i hit an i-loop with my 9800pro last night, it was VERY warm too... looks like a new PSU is needed first:(

westerho said:
what shop are you getting this from for that price?

ahh thats my secret!

only jokin, http://www.kotech.co.uk/ they have a shop near me located in hayes, middlesex.

its like ebuyer the shop lol. i think it totalled at 62 or something with the vat, if i had waited an extra day i could have got the vat back thanks to work but im to impatient! and the lights are like pink and purple not green!

The psu seems pretty good. it came with a free system fan (thermaltake blower i think) and a front pannel with two knobs so u can change the rpm of the fans in the psu and the blower.

shame i cant use the blower as it wont fit next to my coolermaster:(

I just picked up a gig. Rock solid @ 213 @ 2-2-2 @ 3.0 and I haven't gotten a chance to push it! I just picked it up yesterday from the crucial site and it was $260ish compared to $360ish for Mushkin special, Hyperx 3200, or Corsair 3200! I say this RAM is a steal.

Cheers for that gorilly looks to be quite good pricing on most things, but couldn't find any ballistix on there is this from another shop? i've gotta get some decent ram !!

A guy at MSI forums just reported 260+ FSB at 2.5-3-3-8 with the PC4000 flavor of this stuff. I just purchased a gig of it for my A64 rig since all of this Micron 5B -C business appears to be a disaster.

It's about $10 off if you buy right now from the Crucial site.

Odie :)

Looks like I'll try this Ballistix 512MB DDR PC4000 it's on the Crucial site (UK) for £90. Anyone know of anywhere in the UK thats got it cheaper than that?

Nobody knows from what I understand. There was a thread over at pcper or some place where a crucial rep was answering questions. Certain info is being kept under wraps.

Well i've ordered one of the 512mb pc4000 should be here early next week.once I test it out I'll see how bad it is to get the heat spreaders off. Any tips on easiest way to do that?

Ramlaen said:
i got 2x512 of the pc4000 gonna crank it tommorrow.

hey can u see if it will run pc3200 with 2226 timings? if yes, im gonna pick myself up a gig of the stuff. Also can you please try for highest overclock and tightest timings possible? thanks. cant wait :attn:

Back