• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys overclock first?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I always do the gpu first then memory. I was suggest doing one at a time so that when you start seeing artifacts you know which one is causing it. It doesnt really matter though.

--Josh

I normally do memory first. It normally dosen't OC as high as the core, and I'd rather have my memory limit my core OC then the other way around (since 1MHz memory usually makes more of a difference than 1MHz core).

JigPu

i also do clock then memory since with my experiences, memory tends to die before the core (i have no clue why it happens, considering it really should be the other way around)

mem max-1mhz
then gpu max-1mhz
then you re adjust with the new max as your base.

I have experienced that you need to go by bases whil eoverclocking my gF3.

I would clock my core @ Xmhz and my mem @ stock, then after boosting my mem, I was able to boost the core upward some without artifacts. Clocking a GPU memory assembly is a very delicate process and takes time.

SenC.

Back