• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help OCing a 3.0E Prescott

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RiPLeY

Disabled
So I got water cooling and and my hot system the prescott is cool now but i am wondering how to get a better OC. i got it to 3.6Gz by getting fast ram but that only got me to that, and the ram is not to its full potential still. So i was wondering if anyone knew how to get it higher like,
What Voltage should i be at at what OC?
and any others to help.
I have got it to 3.6 and done everything i think i can do but just hoping someone can PLEASE HELP.

For CPU voltage, I wouldn't recommend any higher than 1.525 - and that's a stretch.
Keep in mind that a lot of 3.0E's do max out around 3.6GHz, but if you're at stock voltage try going up to 1.48 or so, just to see if you have better results.

as far as vcore I really won't go over 1.50v at least thatas what all the threads that I have read recommand.......... Heat sink your mosfets all 8 of them and rig a fan to blow over them,heatsink your clock gen,heatsink and fan your southbridge. Use as3 or as5 on all the heatsinks,all this will add alittle bit more and add to stability........

A friend of mine has a 3.0E with the P4c800E deluxe with Hyperx 4000DDR. He can run stable at 3.6 with a 240 bus. How can we run his RAM at a 1:1 ratio on this board? All we saw for RAM settings was 333, 400, Auto. If we left it on auto, is it automatically running the RAM at 480mhz?

what're all these recommendations of max vcore based on?
there've been isolated reports of boards dying at >1.5v, but these are few and far between, who's to say that the board that died wasn't going to die anyway, regardless of what voltage the prescott was getting.

anyway, are there people out there running their chips >1.55v 24/7? :)

ablaze said:
what're all these recommendations of max vcore based on?
there've been isolated reports of boards dying at >1.5v, but these are few and far between, who's to say that the board that died wasn't going to die anyway, regardless of what voltage the prescott was getting.

anyway, are there people out there running their chips >1.55v 24/7? :)

Just a little question for you: do you have a Prescott???

I have a 3.2E D0 stepping on a IC7 MAX3. The MAX3 is the board with the beefier mosfets, and can I say to you that NEVER I will put more than 1.5V!!! The mosfets, with huge heatsink and a 120mm fan blowing on them, are running HOT! I can't touch it! So on a folding rig like mine, 1.4V is enough for me.

yep as a matter of fact I DO have a D0 prescott a SL7E4
cpu and pwm temps are around the 55°C mark, but I'm in sunny singapore :D
still trying to find the right voltage to get the highest stable overclock but I'll go higher than 1.55 to 1.6 as long as its stable

well thanks everyone it has helped alot and i have been running now around the 3.8 mark for the last week and stable 24/7 proformance thanks again

Back