• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacement for mbm5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

does anyone know of a good replacement for mbm5? since it's no longer being made i was wondering if something else has come along. i used to use it but found after a certain amount of time it was start reading inaccurately when compared to bios temps. seemed to start happening after about a week of use.

i've tried hw doc but it seems to have the same problem so i'm wondering if it's just my board. seems to happen regardless of bios (at least the two or three i've used at different times).

please post back any alternatives with links.

No suggestions on a MBM5 replacement, but for what its worth I think the temps that the NF7-S bios reports are pretty bogus. Useful maybe for comparing the improvement in a cooling upgrade to a previous temp on your own machine, but hardly helpful for comparing to anybody elses temps.

alright i downloaded and installed it but i can't tell what reading is from where. there's 4 diff temps and 1 is negative so i guess that's wrong. also only 1 is the same as bios reading. the sys temp says 25 in bios and in speedfan. the other two temps say 44 and 46 (i'm guessing one is cpu) but when i do a quick reboot bios says cpu is 40. temp drops 4-6c in 20 seconds of no load? and how come sys temp stays the same? also if one is cpu then what's the other?

Back