• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

They arn't really problems, more like issues.

I've been able to overclock my CPU to 2205MHz by upping the FSB to 200MHz and bringing down the multiplier to 11. Then I have the RAM matching the CPU freq. at 200MHz as well.

I don't know why, but when I loaded Doom3, the game video played VERY fast. So fast in fact that the graphical "video" at the begining of the administration was actually ahead of the voice audio.

Then I ran 3Dmark03 and the first test with the airplane combat ran REALLY fast too. Has anyone else had this problem before? I'm not running the RAM in dual channel at the moment, just to see what works best (looks like DC gives me an extra 100 points in 3DMark03 though).

~C.P.

Looks like a video card issue to me perhaps - either that or something is wrong with your PCs clock - is the time on it correct?

Time on the daytime clock correct? Yes. I don't see how that could effect the speed of things personally. And I didn't have these issues before the overclocking.

Celeron_Phreak said:
Time on the daytime clock correct? Yes. I don't see how that could effect the speed of things personally. And I didn't have these issues before the overclocking.

It was just because video and the like played fast that I thought maybe your PCs idea of time was maybe messed up.

Hmm. I'm starting to think it's because of running the RAM in dual channel. Now I notice that other things besides Doom 3, like farb-rausch demos (fr-025 - The Popular Demo to be exact) plays fast as well. Audio can't seem to keep up with the video. After restarting, this goes away. I'm not running the RAM at 200MHz, it's at the same as the CPU core, 166Mhz. Any other ideas as to why it might be doing this? I've got the most up to date BIOS, 1010.

It's obvious too me that your AGP and PCI is not locked so things are getting out of synch because the AGP and PCI are clocked too high. See if there are some settings in your BIOS to lock those down.

I can't seem to find anything about the PCI bus, but there's a setting under Advanced CMOS Settings (where CPU stuff is) called "AGP bus frequency". Is this kind ofwhat you're talking about? If so, what should it be set to?

the agp should be set at 66mhz and if you find the pci frequency it is supposed to be at 33mhz.

Back