• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1:1 or 2:1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rys

Hellos! This is the first time overclocking for me and I need some help badly.

twinx1024-3200xlpro
Asus a8v

I keep reading about how 1:1 ratio for memory speed and HTT would have the best results since they will be in sync. When I try that ratio, the bios setting says i'm running at ddr 200 instead of 400.

I'm currently running 217HTT x 11 with 1:1 ratio and the memory freequency is 108.5 mhx. Is this the right setting for me?

Another question! CPU-Z shows me my DRAM idle timer is 16 clocks. Anyone know where in the bios i can change that for the A8v board?

I have a million other questions in my head lol, but I'll bug you all again when i have answers for these :) Thanks in advance.!

go into the bios and set the speed to DDR400. You may have to enable a setting to allow for manual adjustments first.

If you're at 217HTT, 1:1 would be 434mhz for memory.

Setting DDR400 would give me the 2:1 ratio under bios. Is that ok? Isn't the 1:1 ratio the preferred one?

Back