• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 heatsink on Socket A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iopf

Registered
My idiot self bought a Thermalright XP-90 thinking it would work on my Asus nforce2 motherboard. I think I just saw the words Athlon in the description and was sold. Who knows.

Anyway are there any "adapter" products on the market that can go from Socket 478 to Socet A?

This heatsink is asymetrical so I think that the method in the adapters section of this site wont work well.
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1016/

I figure it'd be easier to do this than to get an RMA and return it.

Thanks for any help.

I would get the correct one for my chip...and mobo..;) SI-97 is the newest model out for your chip from Thermalright..

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

instead of cutting things up, working hours and hours trying to find a way to get it placed on your CPU, with good contact may be more trouble than you are thinking.

if i was you, i'd just RMA it, and get the SI-97. that would be the best idea in your situation.

unless you are REALLY inventive, and find a really good way for it to work. If you do somehow get it secured tightly, and correctly, without problems, post pics!!!

good luck, whichever you decide to do.

Back