• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Sata install question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey guys... I was wondering how do I install Winbloze on my SATA drive? I get to the drive selection screen in setup where it asks what drive you want to install it to, but for some reason, it insists on installing some boot files to my IDE drive- which is the only drive on IDE2 (happens to be the slave btw)... how do I get around this? My SATA drive shows up just fine, but it keeps calling my IDE drive "C"... how do I get setup to recognize my SATA drive as "C" so that I can boot JUST from it? I have in my BIOS the boot up order as Floppy, CD-ROM, SATA HD.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

nm guys. I fixed the problem by just unplugging my IDE drive during the install... Thanks though if you were working on an answer! mods you can delete this post.

SuperDave1685 said:
nm guys. I fixed the problem by just unplugging my IDE drive during the install... Thanks though if you were working on an answer! mods you can delete this post.

asking a mod to del a post is ...i donno.. doutefull if they del it.

if i were mod or admin... i would just keep it as for someone who had the sameprob. ..so whensomeone does some seaching they can find out whatto do

Back