• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good idea for pin mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaZarD26

Registered
If i dont have a voltage selector in BIOS would my best bet be to do a pin mod for voltage? Is there some other way or no? or will a pin mod not even work?

I did it even tho i did the mod for 1.675 i got 1.87 now so its not a big deal to me it works anyways and im up to 208x11.5 @ 2403 mhz but i need my new power supply the 12v rail is at 11.4 good thing i get it tonight :attn:

i just have a ****ty biostar board and its non pro so its not an option

ps2cho said:
<<<-- But for some of us, it doesnt :(
depends entirely on if your cpu is unlocked, locked, or unfortunatly SUPERlocked, like mine.

Goodluck

You can pinmod cpu's for voltage, even superlocked cant ya?

I'm pretty sure any NfII is required to be able to pump out atleast 1.75v in accordance to comply with the tbird and paliminos.
:)

HaZarD26 said:
I did it even tho i did the mod for 1.675 i got 1.87 now so its not a big deal to me it works anyways and im up to 208x11.5 @ 2403 mhz but i need my new power supply the 12v rail is at 11.4 good thing i get it tonight :attn:

I found the same thing when i did mine selected 1.65v and ended up with 1.76 :confused: No harm done tho :burn:

I have a new problem. I installed my new power supply and i started computer up and monitor didnt come on. Now my harddrive wont turn on unless i disconnect the IDE cable from the motherboard any ideas?

old one 300 watt +3.3v@22A +5v@30A +12v@14A

new one 500 watt 3.3v@32A +5v@42A +12v@20A

I had a problem like that a couple of years ago installing an Asus Board, it turned out the board was very picky about PSU’s. I went out and bought a Sparkle 300W PSU and got rid of the generic 450W and everything worked fine.

I would get a refund on that PSU and get a good one. The #1 mistake people make when building a pc is getting a crappy power supply. A good 400w will cost you at least $60, and a good 500w will probably be near $100. Personaly, I like fortron.

my motherboard wont work with my old psu you either and the new one is still better than my old one so its fine with me im not an avid overclocker i just screw around every now and then

Back