• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My latest cooling mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice but sand/dremel sand teh holes a little so they aren't so rough. trust me two minutes with the dremel and it will look a lot better and more professional. it is a very nice mod jsut needs two minutes of finish work to be so much sweeter.

Belive it or not that is a old gateway case, and yea i like the vertical HDD's. I was out of samd paper, but i got some dremel sanding discs and a few sheets of 800 grti to smooth the holes.

To paint hte CD drives and floppy i just popped of the faceplates , painted then piut them back on. Easy as hell, but i am going to all black tonight

The mods are great, but what did you use to put the in the holes and cut the metal, it warped the heck outta your case.

Looks like you went after it with a air chisel or a metal nibbler.

well i did that warping with wire cutter bout 6 monts ago i fixed it right with a dremel and cutting wheels, but i also ran to walmart and got another idea and now this is what i got

I used to have a gateway case like that. I wish I would have kept it. There's a lot of room in those babies. There actually very nice casses. The only thing I had trouble with at the time was that the ATX plug cable was'nt long enough to reach the plug on the board when I tried to install a Abit BH6 in the case. That was quit a few years ago and I did'nt realize that I could have gotten extention cables from the internet. I tried at local PC stores but nobody had heard of them then. So I got a new case and gave that one to my brother.

Nice case mod by the way.

Back